First Date

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by B_AND_T, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

One of our beloved number are going on a first date tonight. Obviously they will have our full support. Now this person has had a couple of nightmare dates in the past.

Can you please help this person by offering advice or perhaps you could share your experiences.

(Is that OK Jock?)
  2. My first date with my wife was an absolute joy. Dinner and a walk along the Thames.

Good luck, to whoever it is.
  3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Are they not all first dates? Do people get a second one?
  4. cheque please
  5. Ok im prepared to tell of one of the worst experiences of my life, had arranged a date with a guy, we will call him James, since that was his name, the time, date and location were arranged, i being the wonderful person that i am i turned up early. While standing outside the pub, i was approached, by what i can only discribe as a vision in a white shell suit, with gleaming trainers...i had to endure 2 hours being dazzled by the gleam off his shell suit.
    Neadless to say there was never a second date, and it has taken me countless hours of therapy to be able to recount this tale to you, and the nervous twitch is only now under control..
  6. Rohypnol works wonders i am told
  7. I had that shell suit washed and pressed speciel, I even put the trainers in the washing machine.
    You really know how to hurt a man don't you?
  8. I have had a number of first dates of the last few months. None have worked out, but then again I was in Ipswich.
  9. First date? eh? Is that the same as jumping women in nightclubs?

First "date" to "courting" now that is a mysterious science.
  10. Is it his first ever date? Is his experience of women so far limited to licking the underwear pages of his mums Grattan catalogue?
  11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Now I don't know to many details about the fella concerned apart he lives in Geordie land. Can they afford Grattan up there?
  12. Ive got a first date tomorrow night. Kind of a blind date even though Ive seen a pic of her, she looks cute, so I hope its not a pic of her mate...or her daughter 8O or its 10 years old and she's now the size of a blimp and smells of chip fat.

Ah well, should be good for a laugh :wink:
  13. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It could be a builder called Dave.
  14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It has been pointed out to me that I could breach OPSEC by stating it was a Jock, as there not many out there.

Is that ok eeeerrrrr TAFF.
  15. I think the best advice is to try to avoid worrying too much about it, take it easy, and don't expect too much. Don't do all the talking let the other one talk as much as they want to though and keep to the truth.