'First Class Private' badge?

Discussion in 'Waltenkommando' started by Warby296, Jul 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe someone can help me with this query.
    As a resident of Bury, Lancs and ex-army (though not a Fusilier), I attended the Lee Rigby funeral service 'throng' last Friday.
    Firstly, I want to say the event made me proud to be a Bury lad. The town (being historically the Lancashire Fusiliers' Garrison Town') did him proud as did his unit.

The query is that I met a serving soldier there from the PWRR whom I have no reason to doubt was the genine article. He was wearing (on No 2 Dress) a badge I'd never come across before. Worn on the lower right sleeve it depicted a bayonet (point upwards) above a laurel wreath. My initial thoughts were it was some sort of 'skill-at-arms' qualification but when I asked the lad, he said it was a 'First Class Private' badge.

Has anyone come across this? Is it a new qualification? Is it unique to the PWRR? I certainly didn't see any Fusiliers wearing it and haven't been able to find anything on Google.

Many thanks

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Class 1 Infantry soldier. There's no such rank as PFC in the British Army.

3. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Is this invasion of the jobs forum a bid for Lebensraum by the Waltenkommando?

If it helps, he's clearly a walt. The dodgy colonel in Hong Kong is a walt. The ex-Special Forces loggie's a walt too.

Please make it stop.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks chaps; that's the badge (though looks from the colours maybe a 'Rifles' version of it). To be fair, as I'd had a drink, "Class 1 infantry soldier" is what the lad might have said.
    By the way, sorry for posting in the wrong part of the forum; I'm new here; I'll get used to it!