First christmas stuff on shelves

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Murphy_Slaw, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My local supermarket has already started putting stuff out saying buy early for Christmas......

....and what were they selling .. cheese buscuits FFS, they'll be soft by Christmas!

Can anybody beat 28th August for Christmas shite?
  2. The card factory have been selling christmas cards for the last two weeks, most shops have been selling winter clothing for longer, but thats understandable considering the shitty summer we have had.
  3. my girlfriend works at card factory, I was surprised how early they get it on the shelves. Apparently the bargain Christmas card shoppers like to get stocked up early... Very early.
  4. My first xmas delivery comes in Mon 1st Sept.

I think Harrods opened theirs on 08.08.2008........................

Pain in the arrse tho cos we're due the same sort of warm weather as last year in Sept so i'll no have garden furniture but loads of shiny baubles!
  5. Xmas stuff pah

can beat that the local lidl is selling hot cross buns ,

6. 'kin 'ell, Lidl's is celebrating him getting nailed up , before we
    celebrate him being born.
  7. Got one of those in St Andrews.
    B'stards have a little chalkboard with how many days till Christmas on it.

Almost forgot. QVC were selling Christmas lights the other morning I noticed as I flicked through :( :( :( :(
  8. acl

acl Old-Salt

I hate Christmas solely due to the fact mostly everyone is more concerned about what gift they'll get, the sh1t they buy, how much food they'll stuff down their throats and obviously how drunk they'll be for several days.
    Supermarkets are packed with people buying so much, as if there was a nuclear bomb warning days prior to the holidays, it's so annoying trying to do some normal shopping these days.

God, I sound so bloody grumpy! but since Christmas will never get back to what it was years ago, I just enjoy it as simple as I can, trying not to get too worked up when I see the BF smiling like a kid when unwrapping the new "gadgets" he couldn't live without this year ... oh bless him
  9. I delivered a load of christmas goodies on....Tuesday.
    Haven't had my summer holidays yet.
  10. Bah Humbug.

I totally agree with acl. People have forgotten what Christmas is really about.

Guarantee the decorations start going up in the next 2 weeks, and then the tv advert bombardment will begin shortly after.

11. Yes its probably time to put my christmass shreddies on again. The easter ones are starting to rub and they frighten the dog. Oh yes and that witty red santa hat, that cheered the RSM up so much during the royal visit.
  12. Yes-18th August. My local Debenhams were selling Christmas decorations...
  13. Nonsense, they were soft after last Christmas!
  14. Got a brochure from the ABF re xmas cards over a week ago, but its a good cause so I'll shut up.