First Car and Insuring it

I have got my test in a few weeks so have started thinking about purchasing a car but as I am only 17 I was wondering what do you think is the best car for someone of my age and cheap on the insurance.

also what things can I do to bring the insurance down as much as possible?

17 year old boy

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I have got my test in a few weeks so have started thinking about purchasing a car but as I am only 17 I was wondering what do you think is the best car for someone of my age and cheap on the insurance.

17 year old boy
Tiny car, tiny engine, expect to pay a couple of grand. My nephews both got Kia Picanto's they're shit but you've no option.
If you pass your test then as soon as you drive like a **** you're in trouble. It's boring but stick to the speed limits or you're fucked. I warned my nephews they didn't listen.

17 year old boy
Wait until you're either 25, or got a well paid job

Do the pass plus scheme. Have your mother on as a named, not main, driver. Don't automatically go for third-party insurance - sometimes third party, fire & theft or fully comprehensive can be cheaper.

Look at moneysavingexpert.com - lots of advice on there.