First Book Competition of 2012

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Jan 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Here we go folks, the first competition to win a copy of a book in 2012. The first one up for offer is : The Greek Myths by Robin and Kathryn Waterfield. The book has been reviewed by OFAH here.

Greek Myths.jpg

Entry to the competition is by Survey Monkey and can be found here. Just complete the very simple, multi-choice questions correctly and you may get your mitts on a brand new copy - perfect reference material for any future quizzes I may put up on this subject!!! :)

The competition will run until mid-day Sunday 12th February 2012.

Good luck.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have I won yet?

3. Auld-Yin

I don't know, my bribe has not arrived yet!

4. Damn those slow banks!

5. Auld-Yin

A reminder that this competition is still running so have a go. 5 copies are up as prizes so get your entry in for a chance to win one. Question 2 currently running at only 50% correct answer!! :)

6. Auld-Yin

My wee 'hint' about Q2 seems to have worked, although there are still those who will not read Wiki properly :) The % correct has risen but it seems that our nautical chums on Rum Ration are the main culprits who don't really want a copy of this book. Either that or wiki changes when bobbing about on the wet stuff (if any of them still go to sea!) !!! :eye:

7. Auld-Yin

Just over 24 hours to go in this competition. Still time to have a go and a chance to win an excellent book about Greek Myths - how about this from the start of the review by OFAH -

If that is not the description of perfect ARRSE reading material then ARRSE has changed in the past few months! :)

Links to competition are in first post on this thread.

8. Done it. Another good book IMHO is Achillies in Vietnam by Jonathan Shay that looks at the Trojan war and Vietnam war in relation to combat stress.

9. Auld-Yin

OK folks, here are the results of the first competition of this year. Before you all start going off on 'fix, fix' etc - heard it all before :)

The winners are:
    rebbonk
    stokers_plaything
    tarkwa
    Trelawney126
    ToMeToYou

I have emailed them to ask for their contact details and the books will be sent out in due course.

The answers, and once again it is a case of RTFQ, are:

Q1 = Homer

Q2 = Epeius : the question was who built the wooden horse, NOT who jumped out of it!

Q3 = Paris

So congratulation to the 5 winners and look out for the next competition starting in the next day or so when the ARRSE newsletter comes out.

10. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Fix ! Fix ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app

• Like Like x 1