Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by the_boy_syrup, Jan 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

John Rambo at his finest
    All he wanted was a burger but they kept pushing...............
  2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Fantastic film - and also a fantastic book. Although the ending of the book is somewhat different.................
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Also the Rambo/Trautman relationship is a lot different in the book. PM me if you want to know, or just go read it! David Morrell is the author - and he wrote the book BEFORE Hollywood grabbed hold of it. Its a lot darker, Trautman and Teasle are very different to how they are portrayed in the film.
  4. This is what happen's when the Law stumble's upon a bloke just home on weekend leave from a 3 week Tes Ex... All he wanted was some Scotch Egg's,but they just had to keep on pushing...
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It is an excellant book and this version isn't bad either
    Pity they spoiled it with all the sequels
  6. Both the film and the book are excellent. Remember watching it at the cinema about five times getting on close to 25 years ago now.
  7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Morrell wrote First Blood Part II as well, but it was obvious that because part 1 had become a success at the box office, he was under pressure from Hollywood to write something they could film. Or - more realisticaly - he was TOLD what they wanted to flm, and had to write around it.

FB Part II isn't that bad as a book, its not a cheesy as the film, buts its a very big step down from the excellent effort of the first.

As for Rambo III - FFS! Don't get me started on THAT piece of cr@p!!

8. But i bet you still go and watch Rambo IV
  9. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Remember the piece of cr@p that was Rocky V?

I've seen the trailer for Rocky Balboa, and it looks good. Reviews i've read say the same.

Hopefully Rambo IV will rescue the series as well.

10. It is good VERY good
  11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I think we are getting away from the original post.

Rocky might have been saved, we have got to wait out on John Rambo.

I just hope that in Rambo 4 we are treated to the same Rambo we had in First Blood.

On reflection, I'm not sure how?

John Rambo was a Vietnam vet, rejected by his country like so many others that returned from America's biggest defeat.

Now, thankfully, US soldiers are held in high esteem by the nation - a complete turnaround.

I wonder what theatre Rambo will be serving in this time round?!!
  12. Just out of interest - you know the mine scene in First Blood, where John Rambo is effectively trapped in a mine, & cut off by US STABs?

In the book, does it mention the National Guard using a LAW on him, or was that scene merely a bit of Hollywoodism?
  13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

In the book, yes the jobworths do indeed use a LAW on him.

His experiences in the mine after that are quite nasty.
  14. Thanks, Fugly. :thumleft:
  15. Shudda stopped pushing: