First badgers now this!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brettarider, Jul 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Squirrel Spy Ring? Thats Nuts!

Updated: 16:32, Thursday July 12, 2007
    Police in Iran are reported to have taken 14 squirrels into custody - because they are suspected of spying.
    Britain's latest secret weapon?
    Britain's latest secret weapon?

The rodents were found near the Iranian border allegedly equipped with eavesdropping devices.

The reports have come from the official Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

When asked about the confiscation of the spy squirrels, the national police chief said: "I have heard about it, but I do not have precise information."

The IRNA said that the squirrels were kitted out by foreign intelligence services - but they were captured two weeks ago by police officers.

A Foreign Office source told Sky News: "The story is nuts."

But if true, this would not be the first time animals have been used to spy.

During World War II the Allied Forces used pigeons to fly vital intelligence out of occupied France.

More recently, US marines stationed in Kuwait have used chickens as a low-tech chemical detection system.

And it is well documented that dolphins have been used to seek out underwater mines.

It is even claimed that M15 once planned to recruit a team of specially-trained gerbils as a secret weapon to sniff out spies.

Ipod recovery task force?
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Undoubtedly grey squirrels, an American import.

No self-respecting red squirrel would get involved. They are too busy being cute, like to ones in my garden.

meanwhile, a recently-released squirrel told reporters, "It was hell in there. They even tried to steal my nuts. But I resisted their techniques and confused them by speaking Rat ... without an interpreter they were helpless. Ha-ha."

Hat/coat/taxi ...
  3. Now... how would you direct a squirrel to a location where a listening device would be usefull?
  4. blue-sophist

nuts ... Iran's full of them, that's why we use them .... oops, OPSEC :oops:
  5. blue-sophist

Damn ... they've discovered the CIA's masterpiece ... :x
  6. Ranger squirrel?

Attached Files:

7. Apparently all albino squirrels are signed up by the French army.

Their fur colouring saves having to issue them with white flags, and the pink eyes show how gay they are.
  8. If the squirrels can get around the desert without GPS,then they´re definately NOT yanks! :oops:
  9. And if they chew each others' nuts, is it a case of friendly fur ?
  10. How dare you cast such a slur on the brave French Nation -

What would Britain be like now if they had not heroically surrendered en masse in order to tie up key German troops in WWII? :twisted:

... always thought that the gay bit referred to Parisians :roll:
  11. That begs the question.
    Who Ratted them out?
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

You need a slap for that Whiffler...
  13. The ´bomb smelling bees ´experiment is just getting to the practical stage and is ´beeing´ tested at airports!

No joke,it was on Hun TV Gesterday!

Prefer the idea of Squirrels hunting for Bin-Ladens nuts though :twisted: