• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

First army interview help.

My interview is for next Wednesday. I’m fairly confident with most of the questions I’ll probably get but should I wear a shirt and tie or the full suit?

Also I’ve been asked to run the 1.5 mile and record a time. Will it matter that I’m not quite at the 13-14 minute mark yet? I’ll have got there before my assessment I’m just a minute or so shy. My ideal is joining the REME.

Also references what will I need for those I haven’t heard anything from them apart from I need them at assessment.

Cheers

Shirt and tie should be fine, but if you are comfortable in a full suit go for it.

My interview is for next Wednesday. I’m fairly confident with most of the questions I’ll probably get but should I wear a shirt and tie or the full suit?

Also I’ve been asked to run the 1.5 mile and record a time. Will it matter that I’m not quite at the 13-14 minute mark yet? I’ll have got there before my assessment I’m just a minute or so shy. My ideal is joining the REME.

Also references what will I need for those I haven’t heard anything from them apart from I need them at assessment.

Cheers
Treat it like an interview but it is an informal chat really. Some paperwork to make sure your medical and dental is okay, make sure all details such as name and adress are correct, a presentation, BMI check and a chat about what you want to do.

Either. Just make sure you're smart.

That's fine. It's just so they know how ready for selection you are and if you need a PDA (personal development activity day where you do a mini selection to see if you're ready, this day doesn't affect your application.)

Relax, & smile. Show you're enthusiastic.

I didn't need any references so not sure on that one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wore a shirt and tie, one other lad wore a full suit (although apparently he'd been to harrogate and got booted so was likely trying to make a better impression), rest were just in regular casual clothes. Don't think they asked me my run time at the interview, although they might have asked me prior on the phonecall. The only health/fitness things on the interview was a quick BMI/weight check at the very beginning and then the forms you've been asked to fill in/give to your optician, etc.

Don't need any references, I've got selection in a couple of weeks and no mention of references yet, I believe you don't have to give any until after selection as it's one of the last things they do.

I was super nervous and the bloke made me feel pretty comfortable, it's basically a 15 minute presentation (showing you information you already know if you've done the slightest bit of research on your future career) and then a pretty informal chat with a capita guy for 10 or 15 minutes.

Best to ask directly to your CSM or your recruiter that is handling you. I wouldn't think it would be an issue since BMI is checked at your medical during selection.