First and Last Post

Yes the Pun is intended.

I am due to complete my service and surrender my ID and Warrant Card a week on Monday.

It has been an absolute pleasure. But as the wife has often been heard to say at the 11th hour, 'It's time to go'.

I wish all members of the Armed Forces safe and continued service.

I am about to swap my green uniform, for a blue one.

Not Tesco's, but the Police Service.

All the best.

Exemplo Ducemus.

nottyash said:
Yes the Pun is intended.

I am due to complete my service and surrender my ID and Warrant Card a week on Monday.

It has been an absolute pleasure. But as the wife has often been heard to say at the 11th hour, 'It's time to go'.

I wish all members of the Armed Forces safe and continued service.

I am about to swap my green uniform, for a blue one.

Not Tesco's, but the Police Service.

All the best.

Exemplo Ducemus.
Remember to swear less, and don't comment on the gurlies fun bags.

Well, not immediately.

Ooh - and you're not allowed to call them Hogs or Splitarrses.

Good Luck Notty and respec' on your chosen career.

You will be taught the meaning of the word Respec' and other such useful phrases like "De Babylaan".

This will be taught to you by a white chav mong wearing Burberry. :wink:

Ah, you said that was your last post.

More suited to politics methinks!

anyway, all the best and keep posting.

Thanks mate, you made me smile.

I think thats what Police Officers are nowheredays.

Kidding.

Good luck to you too.

nottyash, this is an open forum mate.

Why would you not post anymore?

You've done the time so respect is due for that at least.

Stay on and pass on experience or knowledge that you have gained from your time in the MOB.

If I get stopped for anything when i'm in UK can I quote your name?!

Thanks for the reply, it was a figure of speech, to an extent a proud anouncement that I have stayed the course, was never meant to be my final post, was just singing through the rafters so to speak.

I think if you said 'Nottyash' to any copper outside Liverpool, you would be sectioned.

If you are, I'll join you. lol.

nottyash said:
Thanks for the reply, it was a figure of speech, to an extent a proud anouncement that I have stayed the course, was never meant to be my final post, was just singing through the rafters so to speak.

I think if you said 'Nottyash' to any copper outside Liverpool, you would be sectioned.

My bold.

Been done already, quite a few times.

I think thats why i'm DV'd quite highly! :D

It's clear that we have a similar sense of humour, pm me please, would love a natter.

TW.

nottyash said:

Will you be working near the jam butty mines? :D

Dont forget to refer to the "civvies" as "civvies" they dont like it, also there sense of humour is not like ours and dont appreciate, well some of them dont our sense of humour.
And one final thought, if you have completed the 22, its only another 15 years till you get your full pension.......LMAORATF..........it soon comes though........good luck from an ex corps WO2 who left in 1988.

I am really confused now, yes I am leaving a a WO2 (Average I suppose), yes I get a full pension, but not sure where your comments are going.

Was not looking for an argument, (In any era), if it appeared that way, I can only say sorry.

You do get a full pension after 22 years, you then have to wait 'til your 55 before you get any increases. If you've taken commutation the pension you lost for the lump sum is also restored. You may also want to see if you can transfer your time served into a police pension. You wouldn't get any money until you retire (again) but you certainly could retire in style!

RMP to Civvy Bill eh?

'Ok, here's a flip chart and some nice coloured pens, form a small group and take five minutes to write down what your needs, concerns and expectations are?'

10 top tips for Police training:

1. Don't expect too much, both in terms of interesting content or the quality of the instruction. But do expect to go through many trivial law issues, like the definition of a moped or a 'heavy motor car', that you'll probably never use.
2. Police training is nothing like police work.
3. If you could imagine your RMP basic without ANY shouting, needless running around, late nights/stags, inspections (apart from maybe a couple of parades) or anything that might, even slightly, cause anyone the slightest offence, you'll be somewhere close.
4. Don't hit anyone, call anyone a 'gay', a 'stupid tart', a 'split arsse', a 'mong' or anything else unless you want the shortest police career in history.
5. Don't expect anyone there to share your sense of humour, some might ofcourse, but ensure you know your audience.
6. Accept that when they say they want you to 'challenge inappropriate behaviour' what they mean is any except theirs.
7. Realise, unless you were SIB by chance, that you've never done any 'police work'. By that I mean 'staffing' (notice I don't say manning) a Duty Room and dealing with an RTC and maybe a couple of barrack room thefts or a knock in the NAAFI during a shift just doesn't compare.
8. You'll be the oldest there, and that's includes the DS.
9. With 22 years behind you you'll be secure in the knowledge that you'll be taking home a lot more cash than everyone else, only have about 1/3 the number of years to do til you retire (it's 35 on the new contracts now) and will have some nice coloured ribbons on your tunic that won't mean a thing to everyone else.
10. Don't show anyone your elephant impression, the dance of the flaming arsseholes, a Mexican bumwank, wet the biscuit, freckles or put ice cubes of piss in their bed overnight.

Good luck.