First Aid

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by LordVonHarley, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm still in phase 1 training but having done RT3 I really got into the whole first aid bit. I have had a word with my Lt about furthering my interest once I'm fully train - One option is Squad Medic.
    Are there any Civy course I can do in the mean time that will put me in good steed for the TA course's?

2. you can do your first aid at work if you want but you do that on the first few days of your course PM me you address and i will post you a copy of the course notes for the CMT course

jase :D

3. msr

msr LE

Presumably you are in the National Guard?

msr

4. There is a TEAM Medic course, but only a few TRCs teach it, best bet is to get the Army Medical Services(AMS) to teach a course near you. However before that there is always the Health & Safety First Aid At Work, HSFAW course run at your RTC.

If you do go down the CMT route, you may well have to rebadge to the medics.

Don't run before you can walk.

5. I recall being warned off doing a medics course as I would then end up being stitched for being medic on every weekend. Fine if you like that sort of thing but could be limiting.

6. Ooops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

7. Become a medic - and get your very own 'Pte Godfrey' handbag to run around with on exercises.

8. Its the new fashion accessory in night clubs now though its replaced the Cylumes and NBC jackets.