First Aid With Pliers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by billybongo, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some team medic skills:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thats nothing.
    My dad used to get splinters out with a chisel when I was a kid.
  3. Amateurs.... if they had been issued with *THAT* rifle they could have used it's utility knife.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

does it work better when its blunt?

pliers are only unsterilised forceps - I've sutured using my gerber several times in the past :)
  5. There weren't any splinters, he was just whittling.
  6. Well i guess he would be cheerful as having been shot between the eyes and firstly survived, but then also could be treated with merely a pair of pliers.

Of course i would need the full expertise of a team of surgeons, anaesthetist, with aftercare in intensive care, and a lot of pain relief, just to be careful of course.
  7. If they had a pair of hedge trimmers they could have sorted out that zit on his cheek.
  8. I once took out a molar that was giving me gyp, whilst under the influence, in front of my horrified girlfriend (now my missus) using a pair of pliers.

ARRSERs will be delighted to know I completely fcuked it up and took out the tooth down to gum level leaving the aching, agonizing root to remind me what an utter twat I was.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've just been doing a little home surgery with a cheese grater.

I've got a rock hard patch of skin on the bottom of my foot, it's like walking with a marble in my boot. Every couple of months I give it a good old grate. It's like Parmesan. Unbelievably satisfying. Don't **** about with any of those gay pumice stones, go straight for the cheese grater.

Don't worry, I use a separate grater for real Parmesan.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. You started off all 'council estate' using a cheese grater for removal of calluses, but then you showed your posh side by stating you own 2 cheese graters and use real parmesan, a man comfortable across all the social classes.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. He uses a different mallet to rid himself of his cock cheese aswell. The posh ****.
    • Like Like x 1

12. Cheese grater ! to time consuming,,,,, a good old''potato peeler'' much faster ....................

pip pip............
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

apparently soaking your feet in a 1:1 vinegar and listerine mix breaks down the callus so it can be scraped off. also kills fungus and stuff
    • Like Like x 1