First Aid or Sports?

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by putteesinmyhands, Oct 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My daughter's detachment has just announced that the 2* First Aid weekend will coincide with the Potted Sports weekend. I she elects to do the potted sports, she will be held back a year as the First Aid exam is held only once a year. Does the ACF have any provision to complete such training outside the County's fixed timetable? I understand that there is at least one other girl who has the same dilemma.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. My undestanding is that at 2* if they can prove they hold a current FA cert than that gives them a pass.

Bit bone one FA weekend a year though!!

3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

This is correct, she should not be held back under these dubious empire building rules, in fact, HQ Land would be unhappy to know that this is going on not to mention the response from a certain half colonel at ACFA with a responsibility for first aid training.

4. Send a snot'o'gram to her Det Comd, her 2* training is structured, subjects must be covered to achieve that APC sylabus, is the potted sports at Company Level or a County Event?

Did someone forget to tell them about the 7 P's??? I mean, its not hard is it?..but point her to the First Aid bit, sports is great but play later, let her get that badge on her brassard

5. It's a County event.

Thanks for the response so far.