Firm to Remove Bible References From Gun Sights

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Kitmarlowe, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have they managed to relieve Mafeking yet?

As pointed out, the Americans bought special machines to get rid of all the bible references from their ACOG's ages ago. Petraeus said it was a "serious concern". Trijicon offered the same service to the MOD. Amazingly in these PC times the MOD said they couldn't be arsed and the references remained on all the old ones.

IMHO Who cares. The Taliban are going to murder you on the spot if they get hold of you anyway - even if your weapon sight says Allah Industries - so it really makes no difference.

3. Reminds me of FRES, when the vehicle chosen has to comply to civilian pollution requirements with its exhaust. As Jeremy Clarkson said at the time "Id be worried about whats coming out of the front end and not the back..."

You do have to ask yourself what sort of people put a quote from the supposed Holy Book on a device they sincerely hope will be zeroed on someones centre of mass...?

4. Praise the Lord and Pass the ammunition. AKA Muscular Christians.

5. Yes, the war in Afghanistan is a religious crusade. Obviously. Why had nobody thought of that before.

Oh, and

Question is, did he start doing this before or after Saving Private Ryan

Oh, and finally

Does anybody remember saying that when they joined?

If biblical stuff offends you, don't you think leaving it until you get your weapon sights issued is a bit late in the day?

8. On the example shown in the OP link. JN8:12 (John, Chapter 8, Verse 12.)

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

I am sure there are more, and better 'Hellfire & Brimstone" proverbs/sayings that could be added to a gunsight serial number.

Couldn't there?

9. As long as they don't include the 6th Commandment.