Fireworks.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by five-minute-fagbreak, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gotta be up at a stupid time in the morning, so I thought better have a really early night.
    $hit, I forgot it's november the 5th bloody fireworks all night, it's like beruit outside won't be able to sleep.
    Then I remembered, it's a 'religious festival' not nov 5th... thats ok then, must not complain eh? :evil:

2. This is because of Diwali, I assume?
    When I lived near Southall it used to look and sound like a war zone. Bangs, flashes & crashes. Sometimes even screams - those were the best because it was some silly c0ck who'd been making his own fireworks :lol:

3. I could not possibly comment on the particular 'religious festival', suffice it to say: CNUTS :x

4. Strange thing; fireworks frighten the bejeezus out of my old dog but rifles and shotguns don't worry him in the slightest.

5. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em; GBFO barrage at 0300 lasting for several hours and sounding like the raid on Dresden. If you're good with fireworks etc, you can set them all up then snooze in your chair with your Amplivox on whilst the neighbours wake up thinking there's a war on... :twisted:

6. Am chuffed to bit that fireworks have begun so early.
    It's great to see my OH flinching and looking over his shoulder every five mins all night after a tour to the sandpit.
    NOT.

7. Some imbecile has been selling them to the local turds since August, akin to giving whisky to the indians...

8. Lets not. Either learn to live with it or devise a revenge plan. Sick of "banning" pleas.

9. What a bunch of whinging killjoys, get a fucking life.

10. Not at all. Bloody loved the things until post tour.

11. having now finally moved back to where i grew up (about thirty yards off salisbury plain) nearish to tinhead farm (for those who know) i still hav'nt heard a single firework yet, heaven, but then again i dont know as though i will hear any over the artillery fire, small arms fire, anti armour on the high impact range, hercules constantly circling as if theyre stuck in the ebbing flow of bath water, only occaisionally intersected by apache, gazelle and chinooks trying to sneak past about three foot behind my chimney stack :( um sorry got minorly distracted there, was somebody whinging about firework noise again? :twisted:

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Get you military thunderflash supplies 'ere! Get your shimoulis 'ere! Roll ap roll ap!

13. You want to limit that kind of activity really .... :wink:

14. it does'nt seem to be doing my chimneys pointing much good! still cant wait for fireworks night as i tend to get a bit of a rest, not that the dogs notice

15. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Our local shops have had fireworks on display for a couple of weeks, with big signs saying they will not sell any until 1st November. So far it's been quiet on the streets, but we don't have a big community who might celebrate other festivals.