Firestrike 7/9

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by DannyFishcharge, Oct 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else read it? If not, its worth tracking a copy down. Bloody fantastic read. Not often I get my nose in a book and simply CAN'T put it down, but this is one of those.
    Cracking first hand account of a JTACS role on a modern battlefield, fast paced, mental map reading, rapid thinking and multi tasking skills my Mrs would be proud of.

http://www.damienlewis.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=63%3Afirestrike79&Itemid=65

2. I've read it. Awesome book. Couldn't put it down.

3. I won it in a competition on here! Really enjoyed reading it, even as a gopping civvy. It's one of them fast paced, lots of techy detail but funny too books.

4. If you can, put a review of it on Amazon. Just doing my bit for Paul, the author and all round top lad.

5. Can't quite put my finger on why it is but I'm not really enjoying this book.

I suspect the fault lies with Damien Lewis in that it feels a little over egged.

Or perhaps the fault lies with me?

6. I didn't really like it that much either. It was interesting in the fact that I learned a lot about how FSTs and JTACs operate but soon became quite boring and repetitive. The same story could have probably been better told in half the length.