Firepower Museum

QRK2

LE
I am one of the locals and I think the RAM project had underestimated the very negative feeling about the location of it.

Gunners do have somewhat of a history of underestimating (blithely ignoring?) others negative feelings about them.

Gunners do have somewhat of a history of underestimating (blithely ignoring?) others negative feelings about them.
Bumping off a long established farmer off his land hasn't gone done too well.

I'm surprised no one has thought of the bustards....

Be afraid. Be very afraid...

...unless you live on the impact area. You'll be quite safe there

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
Where is the impact area for blank?

brockle

Old-Salt
Guns are only interesting when they are tracked. Then as far as the public are concerned, they are tanks. There’s already an outstanding museum for that.

This will be a museum devoted to telling the public that they-are-guns-not-tanks and that small missiles are interesting too. They aren’t.

Rather tasty with garlic and rosemary, I'm told.

Edit:

Incidentally, their release pens were pretty much right on top of what used to the the YO's clay pigeon range!
That was clever.

Raise and feed some rare not very clever birds for reintroduction near an area with periodic loud noises.

Release them downwind of an artillery impact area to fend for themselves.

Fcuking genius, no wonder it's taken 17 years to reach a population of 100

E2A: and now they're advertising for Chinese to come and look at big rare birds to eat/infect/etc

QRK2

LE
This will be a museum devoted to telling the public that they-are-guns-not-tanks and that small missiles are interesting too. They aren’t.
Don't forget the radars and small UAVs, they aren't very interesting either.

But importantly a museum has and will provide a few committees with which retired gunner officers can fill their time pretending that they are still important, very conveniently situated for their retirement homes.

brockle

Old-Salt
That was clever.

Raise and feed some rare not very clever birds for reintroduction near an area with periodic loud noises.

Release them downwind of an artillery impact area to fend for themselves.

Fcuking genius, no wonder it's taken 17 years to reach a population of 100

E2A: and now they're advertising for Chinese to come and look at big rare birds to eat/infect/etc
One of the best ways to prevent the project might be if a pair of Bustards started shagging there. Or Time Team moves in and discovered a ship burial.

One of the best ways to prevent the project might be if a pair of Bustards started shagging there. Or Time Team moves in and discovered a ship burial.
Bustards yes, archeology no.

One of the reasons Time Team is always under deadline pressure is that archeological investigations can only start after planning permission is granted.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KGB_resident The Intelligence Cell 15
FOO2U Gunners 2
Hat20 Gunners 65

Latest Threads