Firemen to be expelled from Union for saving lives

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by One_of_the_strange, Sep 17, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Interesting story. I am based quite near Grantham and the ambulance service has a good First Responder scheme and there is an excellent BASICS scheme in the area. Firemen are limited to providing the same level of assistance as First Responders.

I am with the firemen's bosses on this one. If there is such a problem, the FBU should be pushing for the Ambulance Service to be better funded, rather than trying to get Trumpton to take on their role.

2. i also used to live not a million miles from there, know a couple of the firefighters myself, and if its my old mate, i wouldnt have expected him to do anything less.
    however, yes they should be pushing for the ambulance service to be better funded

3. More antiquated FBU nonsense, which has more to do with full-time firefighters having to get out of their pits to respond to cardiac arrests, than it has to do with the deployment of appliances.