• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Firemen attacked after being lured to a bonfire

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1304832,00.html

Fire Crew Attacked By Violent Gang

Michelle May
North of England correspondent
Updated:16:08, Sunday February 10, 2008
Sky News has obtained shocking CCTV footage showing a group of teenagers attacking firefighters with flaming planks of wood after luring them to a bonfire.
Shocking images of attacks

The video shows the gang hurling bricks and fireworks at an attending crew in what has been described as a growing nationwide problem that is being "ignored" by the Government.

The footage taken in Manchester shows a group of 20 to 30 young people surrounding fire appliances, with some hanging off the back seemingly unaware of the dangers.

New reseach commissioned by the Fire Brigades Union has found that there are 40 attacks on fire crews every week in the UK.

The figures for England and Wales are nearly four times higher than official Government statistics and the FBU is accusing ministers of ignoring the problem.
Fcuk me, I knew they were attacked but didn't realise it was such a high number. Maybe these sh*ts should be made to search burning buildings instead of risking the lives of firemen.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
The answer to this is,

(1) Armed police being summoned.

(2) Warning to disperse within a short specified timeframe or said police will open fire.

(3) Failure to disperse within specified timeframe-police open fire,initially over their heads,then into them.

End of story.

**** off capacitor linked to hose instant liquid taser
or just use a water cannon

Manchester innit?. I would be deeply satisfied to watch many of my 'neighbours' perish in a blaze, or crash on their illegal motorcycles, or shoot themselves with their firearms, or get run over whilst car-jacking.

I (surreptitiously) offered Putin the use of Manchester as a test ground for nuclear weapons, but he was not sure that he could protect his guys deployed here.

Innit?

I cannot see any legal reason why the Trumpton couldn't just turn the high pressure hoses on the little shits.

Common law allows everyone the reasonable and proportionate use of force in self defence!

Just takes a little thinking outside the box doesn't it?

I just can't understand the reasoning behind the attacks, oh thats right they must be 'bored' and the community is to blame, ya ya.

Really though this has to be dealt with in a different manner, especially if it quotes 40 attacks a week.

To the above post, I think I read a news article about that happening, I'll try find it... I believe *don't hold me to it* someone .was approaching them and looked as if he was going to attack and they turned it on him.

Got it;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7144410.stm

The ywould probably gone home bored of waiting for the good old goddess. ;)

So the firemen should have said you lit it, you put it out, then used the bodies to smother the flames.

i'm all for turning the hp hoses on them...after all they WERE carrying burning debris, which would SURELY be a risk to surrounding areas, therefore the firemen were really duty bound to turn the hoses on them....til they drowned!! 8)

S

stabradop

Sometimes, when I see stories like that I wish there was a real way of dealing with these Untermensch. I was your typical pain in the arrse teenager but never even considered behaving like that. Methinks the liberal limp-wristed brigade have had their chance and should now go back to wearing sandals and singing "Kum By Yah"!!! These little shiters need a seriously long and sustained beating with a quoit, by a very big barsteward.

stab (a tad irritated in case you hadn't noticed)

Allow Trumpton to set up there own "Force Protection" units; big, ugly b@stards who will not be trained as firemen but who WILL be trained - and have the legal authority - to kick seven shades of sh1te out of any scumbags who attack firemen.

Sorry; of course I ment to say: will be trained and have the legal authority to arrest any scumbags USING MINIMUM FORCE!

Honest! :twisted:

Forget punishments for the sub-human filth, born of carnal knowledge between two consenting items, in some cases, of brain-dead, sub-human detritus, they are the 'chosen ones'.

We, the law abiding, tax-paying, war-fighting, normal, home-owning, employed, Council-Tax paying, and soon to be minority in Bliar's Britain, - we are the guilty ones!

We will be punished. Oh! Yes!

As we have been 'punished' and legislated against since the grinning spiv Bliar came to power, I doubt we shall notice any difference.

In the good old days firemen were recruited from the ranks of ex-soldiers, joiners, car mechanics, builders etc. Those guys wouldn`t have taken any nonsense from anyone, especially as a fire appliance is full of handy bits of metal bar, axes, etc.

These days when they are mainly college boys, girls and the pc brigade with no height or strength tests to pass on entry then they are easy meat for the chavs.

Let them get on with it.

Bravo_Zulu said:
I wonder what would have happened to them if they had thrown bricks at soldiers in Green Goddesses during the fireman strike?
Did Op TELIC in 2003 at Salford TA centre. The crews on the ground were local lads and let it be known to the local Chavs that they either knew them or knew someone who did, so it wasn't too bad. However any vehicle that we could not get under cover at the TA centre was bricked virtually everynight. Thank Fcuk we had double fencing around us or they would have TWOC'ed them in heartbeat. I think they tried to put Regiments into their local recruiting area for just that reason. However, you could debus from a Goddess and sort the scrotes out and then get back on without the driver having to slow down :)

harry19 said:
In the good old days firemen were recruited from the ranks of ex-soldiers, joiners, car mechanics, builders etc. Those guys wouldn`t have taken any nonsense from anyone, especially as a fire appliance is full of handy bits of metal bar, axes, etc.

These days when they are mainly college boys, girls and the pc brigade with no height or strength tests to pass on entry then they are easy meat for the chavs.

Let them get on with it.
Welcome 'Harry19'. You are quite right. You describe some aspectsof my old home town when Saturday evenings could be 'fun'.

The police were always represented by Sgt Griffin and one or maybe two of his 'colleagues' - they always, alwys won - and there were never, ever, any charges or 'come backs'.

For the younger posters, the Griffin technique was:

Allow fight to start,
Observe said 'disturbance',
Discourage 'outsiders' from 'joining in',
Ensure no permanent damage was inflicted,
Get fierce if any boot was used,
Finally, on the onset of boredom, BELT the 'winner' with his nightstick,
Pick the 'loser' up and inspect him,
Warn anybody else that the nightstick was seeking 'employment'.

Result: Fights every Saturday night between well matched opponents.

No crime worthy of the name.

Town: Abertillery in Monmouthshire - 1958 - 1961.

kiss my axe springs to mind
firemen have an axe time to run at chav scum screaming :D

Wedge_not_Sapper said:
Did Op TELIC in 2003 at Salford TA centre. The crews on the ground were local lads and let it be known to the local Chavs that they either knew them or knew someone who did, so it wasn't too bad. However any vehicle that we could not get under cover at the TA centre was bricked virtually everynight. Thank Fcuk we had double fencing around us or they would have TWOC'ed them in heartbeat. I think they tried to put Regiments into their local recruiting area for just that reason. However, you could debus from a Goddess and sort the scrotes out and then get back on without the driver having to slow down :)
Telic in Salford?

well theres islamonut jobs there. :twisted:
saves having to disturb crab air
and the jihad i's don't have to bother with getting a passport flying to Pakistan trudging over the afghan mountains to get shot etc etc .
win win really
bit tough on salford when the USAF turn up to help :twisted:
but its up north property damage is put at hundreds of pounds :twisted:

all the fun of a 5th generation conflict with the ability to go home at weekends :twisted: