Fireman Sam and his absent mates.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by LancePrivateJones, May 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. haha!! awsome

2. Elfin safety probably prevented those present form taking action. Last time I put out a fire it was a case of risking being sacked or losing the building (full of stock). I got away with it though.
    'kin funny though :D

Edit *from not form. Doh

3. I know some people will enjoy the chance to contribute here.

Come on Trumptonites, let's be having you :D

4. To the fire collge lads

5. Looks like the last course failed their final exercise. :D

6. they were probably too busy writing a policy guideline for Equality and Diversity,or thinking of new ways to avoid actually going in and fighting the fires,(coz H&S says it is too dangerous!).

Or maybe it was just a stocktake......after all we are in a recession!

7. Pugh, Hugh, Barleymagrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, & Grubb.

8. Working with those green goddess fire engines in NI during a strike was probably the best fun I had in the army, the lads did all they could to make sure a house fire resulted in it being burnt to the ground

9. I had the distinct honour of knowing some of the guys from the watch that run over the rescued cat in Bexleyheath.

10. That's almost as funny as the bungalow that burned to the ground in Cornwall a few years back, despite being less than 20m away from the Fire Station. The Watch tumbled out of bed in the morning to find their cars nicely toasted down one side, too.

11. Was that the one Reggie Bosenquet said on News at Ten that the lads posted it through the old girls letterbox,? Hilarious.!!!!

12. The same.
    Plus we all got a certificate from Sir Horace Cutler who was leader of the GLC at the time.
    The lads of Bexleyheath Blue watch (IIRC) were later immortalised in the book, 'The Book of Heroic Failures'.
    God bless the permanent staff of 17th Trg Regt RA.
    :D

13. Ha ha, very funny, I recall the the way Reggie told that tale, very tongue in cheek, Brill.!!! :D

14. The same sort of thing used to happen at raf catterick at the air farce fire school when the training airframes would start burning again hours later,don't think the local part timers were impressed turning up to the odd vulcan or victor v bomber going well and popping and banging, god knows what the motorists on the old A1 made of it.