Firefox ?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by 1_reeper, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. have posted before about the prob's i'm having with IE7. People recomended firefox. Just wondered what the people think that use it and how easy to use compared to IE7. Thanks
  2. Bin IE7, install Firefox. Simple as that. Faster and much more user friendly than that shoit IE stuff..
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Agreed, download it now and forget IE forever.
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Faster, more functional and as customisable as you'd like. Recommended.
  5. It has great plugins as well. I use a user agent switched for sites that employ 'internet explorer only' features. Also video downloader for youtube etc.
    Greasemonkey is good as well for filtering out trolls, o2 thieves etc.
  6. Just one more thing can i migrate my fav's from IE7 or have to enter them again ? No real drama's if i do
  7. Yep, Firefox all the way. It makes IE look like something knocked up by an autistic kid with a speech defect and is slower than an Austin Maxi at Santa Pod towing a Sprite caravan.
  8. In fact, just get rid of windows completely and use Ubuntu.
  9. Anyone got a decent link for Firefox ?
  10. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Mate, it's not Firefox you need, it's fcuking Google.

However here you go :)
  11. Here is a plus. With Firefox you would not have made the spelling mistakes highlighted in bold. :D
  12. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

Can I also recommend the excellent Adblock plugin for Firefox. Enables you to remove individual adverts or entire ad serving domains which makes browsing more pleasurable.

13. I'll bet it makes Arrse run a lot faster. :roll: