Firefox ?

Hi. have posted before about the prob's i'm having with IE7. People recomended firefox. Just wondered what the people think that use it and how easy to use compared to IE7. Thanks

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bin IE7, install Firefox. Simple as that. Faster and much more user friendly than that shoit IE stuff..

Agreed, download it now and forget IE forever.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Faster, more functional and as customisable as you'd like. Recommended.

It has great plugins as well. I use a user agent switched for sites that employ 'internet explorer only' features. Also video downloader for youtube etc.
Greasemonkey is good as well for filtering out trolls, o2 thieves etc.

Yep, Firefox all the way. It makes IE look like something knocked up by an autistic kid with a speech defect and is slower than an Austin Maxi at Santa Pod towing a Sprite caravan.

In fact, just get rid of windows completely and use Ubuntu.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
1_reeper said:
Anyone got a decent link for Firefox ?
Mate, it's not Firefox you need, it's fcuking Google.

However here you go :)

1_reeper said:
Hi. have posted before about the prob's i'm having with IE7. People recomended firefox. Just wondered what the people think that use it and how easy to use compared to IE7. Thanks
Here is a plus. With Firefox you would not have made the spelling mistakes highlighted in bold. :D

jmj

Old-Salt
Can I also recommend the excellent Adblock plugin for Firefox. Enables you to remove individual adverts or entire ad serving domains which makes browsing more pleasurable.

jmj said:
Can I also recommend the excellent Adblock plugin for Firefox. Enables you to remove individual adverts or entire ad serving domains which makes browsing more pleasurable.

I'll bet it makes Arrse run a lot faster. :roll:

1_reeper said:
Just one more thing can i migrate my fav's from IE7 or have to enter them again ? No real drama's if i do
I switched. Never looked back ... bu66er Bill Gates and his Planet Takeover.
Firefox will import IE favourites for you.
Loads of bolt-on goodies ... if you feel you really need them.
And the esenttial spoll chekcer ... :lol:

Note that not ALL sites are happy working with FF ... but I can't remember any recently, apart from that one I had to close down quickly when Management came home early ... :wink:

the_matelot said:
duckiciao said:
In fact, just get rid of windows completely and use Ubuntu.
Ahem!

http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/
Hmmm, I suppose you could use a mac...

Saying that though, Microsoft did make something like 30,000 pages of code open source, so you can mod it to your hearts desire now.

The 'foxmarks' download is excellent too if you have more than one computer or if you want to access your bookmarks (favorites) from someone else's computer.

There are several other browsers available that will make you give up IE forever. I am not an IT type but I do create some webpages for my office so I keep about 6 browsers on my desktop at work in order to check to see if the webpages I create work OK with all the browsers.

My favourite browser is Opera, available at Opera.com. When you install it will put all of your IE (and firefox) bookmarks into it's bookmark list. Opera's tabs work very well if you want to hop back and forth between several pages. Decent language support is available. The only problem with Opera is a few archaic pages optimised for IE don't work well.

Firefox is great also. Decent tab system, also ingests bookmarks from IE, fast. Firefox has an edge in languages and if you would prefer that your browser be in Irish Gaelic, Welsh, Basque or Frisian; Firefox would be your choice (at the download site there is a list of about fifty (50!) languages).

Given that the downloads are free, if you have a decent hard drive why not download both and compare. Whatever you choose will be better that IE.