Firefox

#1
Gents and ladies.

Have just reinstalled my windows and updated to the latest firefox.

My problems are as follows,

When the wife logs onto her forums, she can no longer receive her Instant Messages, also as is the case here some avators and signature blocks no longer animate.

Can anyone help or lend some advice.

Been racking my grey matter for ages but cant solve the problem.

Cheers!!

OH and if any of the CO'S are reading this, in my account settings I am down to receive the newsletter but I have never got one. Is this on ourpose or is there not one?
 
#5
Yes_Sir! said:
OH and if any of the CO'S are reading this, in my account settings I am down to receive the newsletter but I have never got one. Is this on ourpose or is there not one?
I'm afraid we've never bothered with one!
 
#6
When you re-installed Firefox did you re-install all the add-ons and extensions? One of the problems with Firefox is that it need these to use some sites. I'm no cone-head but you may need java.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#7
Could be a site/upgrade thing or a Firefox thing.

For example at work I have to use IE and can see Baldricks_Bullets 'site sponsor' medal block (for example) and every members avatar. Can't see some avatars or 'special' medal blocks now at home on Firefox 2.0.

FF2 automatically imported all of my themes and plug-ins but, thinking about it, I don't recall seeing the above previously either.

Nowhere close to being a major issue though since it blocks all the frankly annoying banner ads. Swings/roundabouts.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#9
"bandwagoning"? Enlighten me as to why IE7 is better than FF2. Then work on your grammar.
 
#10
Did you install Firefox V2.0?

I had a few gripes about that one and have gone back to 1.5.0.9
There were a lot of changes in the "upgrade" to V.2 that were not all that great. The copying of IE. 7's tabs positioning was the worse.
Try the previous version it sorted out similar problems for me.



Quack
 
#11
Sixty said:
"bandwagoning"? Enlighten me as to why IE7 is better than FF2. Then work on your grammar.

Yes, bandwagoning: Clicky


And I never said IE was better than FF. I'm just one of these people that believes a browser should be for browsing web pages, not for decorating like a bathroom...
 
#12
Sixty said:
Could be a site/upgrade thing or a Firefox thing.

For example at work I have to use IE and can see Baldricks_Bullets 'site sponsor' medal block (for example) and every members avatar. Can't see some avatars or 'special' medal blocks now at home on Firefox 2.0.

FF2 automatically imported all of my themes and plug-ins but, thinking about it, I don't recall seeing the above previously either.

Nowhere close to being a major issue though since it blocks all the frankly annoying banner ads. Swings/roundabouts.
I use FF2 and see the lot. Just a thought, have you tried the IE tab add-on?
 
#13
Yes_Sir! said:
Gents and ladies.

Have just reinstalled my windows and updated to the latest firefox.

My problems are as follows,

When the wife logs onto her forums, she can no longer receive her Instant Messages, also as is the case here some avators and signature blocks no longer animate.

Can anyone help or lend some advice.

Been racking my grey matter for ages but cant solve the problem.

Cheers!!

OH and if any of the CO'S are reading this, in my account settings I am down to receive the newsletter but I have never got one. Is this on ourpose or is there not one?
Best thing to do is to uninstall firefox, download the latest version and reinstall.

It takes all of 5 mins to do that.

On 2nd thoughts, its probably better to download firefox first, then uninstall, and reinstall.
 
#14
If you ain't got it sorted yet, try Opera - the best Browser out there.

It's fast, safe(er than IE7), and has loads of useful features.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proximo ARRSE: Site Issues 5
BFG 9000 ARRSE: Site Issues 133
Y The NAAFI Bar 16

Similar threads

Latest Threads