Firefox

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by YANK60, Feb 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just switched over to this browser today. Does anyone else use this, and what do you think of it? So far, it seems a little slower than IE, but is considered more secure, that's why I switched.

2. Ask your self this. Would you fcuk people you didnt know without wearing at least a blob of rubber on yer c*ck? Thats like browsing with IE. Firefox is a bit slower but there is a reason for that. It doesnt run into a website with its exposed bellend first! :wink:

3. I've been using FF for a while. so far so good. Once in a while pages will not load and I get the message "this document is empty" (mostly here on Arrse), but the page eventually comes up.
    With IE I often had other computer problems, CPU start running at 100%, computer freezing, and various other occurences that could only be corrected with a reboot. None of that happens with FF so far.

4. My last straw was a damn trojan that wouldn't let me shut down. Eventually had to manually unplug the computer. I like firefox so far. It's much simpler. And I can always go back to IE if something goes wrong. But so far so good.

5. IE is like Joey Deacon trying to shag a Kenyan hooker after consuming thirty five pints of Double Diamond. Its as safe as riding a unicycle, in the outside lane, against the flow on the M40 at 1700hrs on a Friday night. I'd rather stuff me bits up a bag of depleted uranium sold in a Ukranian open air market. Basically, use IE and your knob will fall off.

6. I have been using it for about a year - so far so good.

I like the 'Open Link in New Tab' option - makes switching between pages a breeze and, with a bit of forethought, quicker than IE.

7. If Microsoft knew how to programme, we'd all be using OS/2

8. I can adjust to the speed lag. It's a small price to pay. Does anybody know if it is compatible with Norton and other anti-spyware programs? I suppose I could check that myself. Because of all the spyware I was plagued with while using IE, I had no less than FIVE anti-spyware programs, including Norton.

9. Yank - you probably caused yourself some conflict problems running so many similar packages - cut down to the good ones - and stay away from some of 'those' sites!

Fleshy - I don't think I am clear on your views here. Are you telling me that you have a preference for one type of browser over IE? Just curious!

Firefox - the way forward in oh so many ways.

10. big bag-o-w4nk... stick to IE and get yourself a decent firewall ya lunatics. been running ie for 8 years and never had any problems whatsoever.

even when I do a full system scan there are never any problems... then again I tend not to go on all these pay as you go sites etc that will reconfigure your pooter at the drop of a pair of panties :D

I need the speed so fook firefox I will wait till they have tweaked and tested and got it running better before I make the change lol. Nahhh to be brutally honest firefox is a good bit of kit and I have used it. I have no issue with speeds as the pages load about the same, I am just set in my ways and I like ie

11. And we have a winner.

TTFN

BFG

12. lol excellent lol...

13. hehehee arrse V pprune hehehehe :wink:

14. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator