Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firefox Update annoying

It's all very strange.

Firefox may be open-source, but it seems that Mozilla still shares the corporate desire of US IT companies to bugger around with things simply 'because they can' and inevitably stuff them up. Useful well-loved features are often removed and new features that no one ever asked for are introduced. Any meaningful end-user consultation seems to be anathema to them and their corporate ethos is very much one of mummy-knows-best.
Feckem, I'm uninstalling the fecker, I might be sometime.....

Firefox began limiting the sites in the drop down window in their latest iterations, so I've gone back to an older one that works better for me. It keeps whining to download the new one in a window top right, but I've learned to ignore the schimpfing and close it each time it pops up.

It's getting too much like Microshit for my liking. They try to improve a perfectly suitable system and completely fuck it up.
Opera has done something similar; a previously satisfactory 'faourites' sidebar now intrudes way too far into the main window, and there's no way of reducing it; this happened at an update a week or two ago. All the 'help' people say it's really an improvement, get to like it. Fascists.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

bcsack

Old-Salt
Opera has done something similar; a previously satisfactory 'faourites' sidebar now intrudes way too far into the main window, and there's no way of reducing it; this happened at an update a week or two ago. All the 'help' people say it's really an improvement, get to like it. Fascists.
I just switched the clunky sidebar off & delete history from menu. Plonk shortcuts on the shortcuts bar :) Still my preferred browser !

Not on your Nellie...

Make sure you download an alternative firs...... oh, he's gone.
Ich bin wieder da!

I settled with Google Chrome for now. I've got a refresh and a back button which is all I wanted really.

Mozilla? Who's that never heard of them.

Ich bin wieder da!

I settled with Google Chrome for now. I've got a refresh and a back button which is all I wanted really.

Mozilla? Who's that never heard of them.

I still like Firefox on Windows, although it will probably only be a matter of time before they manage to stuff that up too. I use the Extended Support Release version, which means it is a lot longer before you get hit with all the latest, bleeding-edge crap.

I still like Firefox on Windows, although it will probably only be a matter of time before they manage to stuff that up too. I use the Extended Support Release version, which means it is a lot longer before you get hit with all the latest, bleeding-edge crap.
Me too but not anymore. I've gone gluten Mozilla Free...

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Same here - in the main, i've no need of new 'features' such as DoH etc.

Latest Threads