Firefox pulls plug

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by putteesinmyhands, Oct 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found: BBC News - Mozilla Firefox browser upgrade taken offline due to vulnerability

So I did the Help/About thing to find out which version I had. Thankfully 15.0.1.

But no! It started an automatic update! And it tells me that it will take effect after switching off. Presumably that'll be the version that Mozilla are advising users not to download.

Not to worry, the BBC story includes a link that purports to show how to revert to 15.0.1. Unfortunately, the page that appears is one that invites you to update to version 16.

So, Mozilla don't seem to know what they're doing at the mo and BBC appear not to check the veracity of their links...

I suppose I'll just have to find out what happens next time I switch on.
  2. alternatively, get rid of the bloody asthmatic wheezzing bloated excuse for software and use chrome instead
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I use Chrome as well (that's where I pulled the link from) and IE. I find FF friendlier but the other two do some bits better.
  4. Using Aurora 17.0a2 with no problems at all.
  5. I'm already on 16.0.1
  6. And how's your security issue? Bank account empty yet?
  7. Oh, not about the film then?

8. Why would it be?

Apart from me having spent all my money on whiskey and Romanian prossies that is.
  9. It auto updated to 16.0.1 when I turned my computer on this morning.
  10. 16.0.1 I assume.
  11. You're ****ed then
  12. I checked yesterday & was on 15.0.1.
    Now it's "updated" to 16.0.1 & straight away Arrse has been a pain in the arse with slow loading & all sorts of fuckups.
    Fucked up my email too.