Firefox Internet Browsing Thingy majig...

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Gundulph, Dec 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wow!

Someone suggested to download this as it is better than Internet Explorer... I am now officially "Converted" the computer crashed with about 5 windows (Everyone of which, was, Of Course, Equally as important), me thinking all was lost then finally managed to start the computer back up and DaNAAAaaaaaaaaa a big message from Firefox comes up asking me if I want the windows opened thatw ere open before the crash!!! BRILLIANT!

Anyone else think this is the Machenders?

Gundulph

2. Never looked back once I got firefox. When I'm using the work PC that has Internet Explorer I'm lost - I keep going to open another tab or just type part of a url into the address window expecting it to find it like Firefox does. No search engine window either.

Only snag with Firefox is that some web pages don't work properly on it but it's very unusual to find one nowadays.

3. I've used Firefox for the past nine months; it beats IE hands down. It's faster and safer. I also downloaded OpenOffice after seeing it in a signature block. Equal to MS Office with the benefit that it's free.

4. I think Ive used Firefox for a few years now. One of the best browsers out there.

5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

My bespectacled nephew, who understands all things IT, swears by it.

Much, apparently, to do with security of information.

6. Ditto. And with the ARRSE toolbar its a quality peice of kit.

7. Cheers mate you're a diamond.

8. I use Firefox, it is years ahead of anything from Microsoft.
    There is also Torpark for anonymous browsing,haven't tried it as I have a Mac

http://www.torrify.com/

9. Well fick mein alt aufladungen, I never knew they had FF for Mac, just for proper computers?

10. Have just move to FF and I am impressed, especialy with the ARRSE toolbar :D