Firefox - Does it have a built in censor?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Legs, Mar 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been using Firefox only for a year or so, I'm using the latest version - don't ask me what it is, I'm nowhere near techy-geeky enough to answer.

This morning, I attempted to open the link at the beginning of this thread: but Firefox just crashed when it realised what it was looking at. Tried it again, and the same result. In fact, 'cos I'm a bit of a wierdo I tried again another couple of times. Everything was OK until the page from The Sun was almost loaded, then instant shut-down of Firefox. Does Firefox not like The Sun?

I'm using Windows XP SP2, and I have plenty of memory and processor type stuff.
  2. msr

msr LE

Click on Help -> About Mozilla Firefox and tell us the version number.

3. Does that mean anything?
  4. Legs

Mrs B had the same problem recently, It appears Firefox doesn't like some of the scripts run on the Sun's website. It was cured by using the IE plugin and viewing the website in an IE window.

Edited to add: running the no script plugin also cures the problem, it seems the offending part of the page as far a Firefox is concerned is the 'flash' part of the page.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Agreed, Firefox does not run "The Sun".

I tried setting ... Tools/Options/Security/Exceptions ... to allow, but it still crashed Firefox.

IE is clearly the option, as Baldrick66 says.

Anyway, who wants to read The Sun? :lol:
  6. So Firefox has taste then? :lol:
  7. just tried it for the sake of testing, and no problems loading the sun in firefox here...
  8. The Sun crashes Firefox for me too. So does Yahoo every now and again.
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Using the latest version of Firefox and even with previous versions I've never had the scum crash it.
  10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Bizarre ... the second the page finished loading, Firefox shut down.

So, you techno-geeks, why does it happen to some people but not others? 8O
  11. It doesn't happen too often with FF, but at least when you restart your computer it gives you an option of reloading all your windows you had open with FF, even if you were half way through an E-Mail and it crashed then 9 times out of 10 you will still have your info there intact. FF for me tends to crash for some reason in Google Images, usually when you are looking at images on a second or 3rd page in and press on an image it can crash all other windows but always retrievable, if you haven't got FF then I would highly recommend it. Has anyone downloaded and using the recent Safari thingy yet?
  12. The Stun is WNAK, and so is Internet Exploiter.

Forget both and live happy, fulfilled lives!
  13. Safari for Windoze?

Bad Bad Bad.

FF rules.
  14. PS,

FF3 will be out soon. I am a beta tester of this product, and I can tell you it's the best browser out there bar none.