• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Firefox - Does it have a built in censor?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've been using Firefox only for a year or so, I'm using the latest version - don't ask me what it is, I'm nowhere near techy-geeky enough to answer.

This morning, I attempted to open the link at the beginning of this thread: http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=92695#1869571 but Firefox just crashed when it realised what it was looking at. Tried it again, and the same result. In fact, 'cos I'm a bit of a wierdo I tried again another couple of times. Everything was OK until the page from The Sun was almost loaded, then instant shut-down of Firefox. Does Firefox not like The Sun?

I'm using Windows XP SP2, and I have plenty of memory and processor type stuff.

Legs

Mrs B had the same problem recently, It appears Firefox doesn't like some of the scripts run on the Sun's website. It was cured by using the IE plugin and viewing the website in an IE window.

Edited to add: running the no script plugin also cures the problem, it seems the offending part of the page as far a Firefox is concerned is the 'flash' part of the page.

Agreed, Firefox does not run "The Sun".

I tried setting ... Tools/Options/Security/Exceptions ... to allow www.thesun.co.uk, but it still crashed Firefox.

IE is clearly the option, as Baldrick66 says.

Anyway, who wants to read The Sun? :lol:

It doesn't happen too often with FF, but at least when you restart your computer it gives you an option of reloading all your windows you had open with FF, even if you were half way through an E-Mail and it crashed then 9 times out of 10 you will still have your info there intact. FF for me tends to crash for some reason in Google Images, usually when you are looking at images on a second or 3rd page in and press on an image it can crash all other windows but always retrievable, if you haven't got FF then I would highly recommend it. Has anyone downloaded and using the recent Safari thingy yet?

Bikini_Black said:
PS,
FF3 will be out soon. I am a beta tester of this product, and I can tell you it's the best browser out there bar none.
BB.
That's nice to know.
I'm a complete FF convert, and hugely happy with what it does already [I don't actually need the bells and whistles it offers, and I almost never need to read The Sun :wink: ].

oldbaldy

LE
Bikini_Black said:
PS,

FF3 will be out soon. I am a beta tester of this product, and I can tell you it's the best browser out there bar none.

BB.
I've had a look at FF3 but it get causing problems with 2. so I got rid for the moment.

Latest Threads