Firefox / Adobe issue

Morning all,

I usually use the latest version of mozilla firefox to surf whilst at home. I've noticed since it loaded the last update that whenever I need to open a pdf, then a message pops up saying it can't be done blah blah blah. I'd need to check at home exactly what the message is. I then usually go into IE, reload that page and it'll work fine. Any idea's why this might be happening? It used to work fine, I can work around it, it's just annoying.

Cheers.

There's a good chance that with the upgrade the PDF plug-in has been lost. I can't remember what the drop-down menu header is, but try looking for the plug-ins which are installed and take it from there. Most Adobe reader apps are available FOC so you should be able to download the required plug-in without too much trouble.

Do you need Abode Acrobat for your PDFs or do you just have Adobe Reader? If it's just the Reader, as a suggestion you might be interested in changing to Foxit Reader?

It pretty much does the same job. Unfortunately I need Adobe Acrobat Pro at work (which is an enormous 1.2 GB) but at home I use Foxit Reader for viewing PDFs and it's only 6.5 Mb

Just need reader versions. Will have a look when i get home. Cheers!

box-of-frogs said:
Just need reader versions. Will have a look when i get home. Cheers!
Definitely recommend Foxit Reader ..

Foxit Reader 3.0

Much lighter than Adobe so it will free up a bit of disk space on your home PC and should make things run a bit quicker

Good luck
AA

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proximo ARRSE: Site Issues 5
BFG 9000 ARRSE: Site Issues 133
Y The NAAFI Bar 16