Firefox 3.0

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Psypher, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Firefox 3.0 was launched today.

The first thing I noticed is that it is lightening fast on my PC. Worth the upgrade purely for the speed.

A load of HTML on my website doesn't display properly though. But I'm sure the COs will be pleased to hear that ARRSE doesn't seem to have any issues with it so far.
  2. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

thanks pwo :)

just upgraded - it's brilliant :thumleft:
  3. 2 thumbs up from me, increased my ARRSE viewing speed 10 fold, spot on :D
  4. Got it last night.

Been thinking for ages "Wouldn't it be great if when they use auto complete if they took your favourites into account" and now they do! :D
  5. I'm having a couple of niggling issues with the install, but I think that's largely (if not totally) due to me having switched full time to mac from PC in the last fortnight and me still finding my way around. Other than that, it looks and functions every bit as great as I expected. Knocks Safari into a cocked hat, as as for IE, well......
  6. Definite "thumbs up" from this end. At least 2-3 times faster than IE on both PC (Vista) and laptop (XP).
  7. Been thinking about installing firefox for a while. Just did it :) warp speed - wish I had done this ages ago.
  8. Its Excellent & OOOH sooo easy to use GO FOR IT
  9. Is there a way of opening other Tabs? I think there must be, but can't find it.
  10. msr

msr LE

Ctrl and T

11. Finjan browsing doesnt work tho!!!!!???? WHY NOT
  12. Or double-click the toolbar to the right of an already open tab.

Or "File" menu > "New tab".
  13. Oh yes. Thanks .
  14. msr

msr LE

15. I didn't have a next question, but thanks for the link. ;)