Firefighters Union Wins Landmark Pensions Case

Be interesting HMP, DFRMO and MDP are expected to work till 68, dare say any changes will not effect those who started post 2015.

As long as my 75 pension is extended from April 15 to me exit date, I will be most pleased.

neil82

Clanker
Let’s see what remedy the tribunal decides.

Public Service Pensions:Written statement - HCWS1725

This is certainly great news for those who have been forced onto the ‘15 scheme
think the reference to costs for taxpayers there should put to rest all the ******* bleating from them that "they have paid for their pension out of their salary", it is well past time that it was admitted that government (local and national) pensions are topped up by joe public

think the reference to costs for taxpayers there should put to rest all the ******* bleating from them that "they have paid for their pension out of their salary", it is well past time that it was admitted that government (local and national) pensions are topped up by joe public
I think you will find that most just want the T&Cs they started on, i've been overcharged on my CS pension for years, i'm owed (on basic wages) about £8000 we've been offered about £1,400 (taxed) because HMG cannot afford to pay it back, can you image what would have happened if it was the other way around

The government chose to use the pension deductions for general spending rather than invest it as any private pension scheme would have to. The fault is with the government and local authorities. We voted for them, we pay.

I am always never amazed at how easy it is for the government to manipulate the the electorate into believing it is always someone else's fault.

Fingers crossed we'll be allowed back onto the old scheme. I'll believe it when I see it though.
Duty rumour is that because the old scheme is now closed, it will be too difficult to put people back and some other offer will be made to those affected.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Duty rumour is that because the old scheme is now closed, it will be too difficult to put people back and some other offer will be made to those affected.
Going to have to be a hell of an offer to close the gap between an average and a final salary scheme.

CrazyLegs!

War Hero
50 years ago a computer less powerful than a PlayStation 1 put a man on the moon. Too difficult is a laughable excuse. Appreciate you’re just the messenger of course :)

50 years ago a computer less powerful than a PlayStation 1 put a man on the moon. Too difficult is a laughable excuse. Appreciate you’re just the messenger of course :)
The government have an entire lexicon of excuses, I’m sure others are available.

allatsea

Swinger
Hmm yes - suspect this years imminent (?) pay review % increase isn't going to end up being overly generous in light of this...!

Latest Threads