Firefighter in tumble dryer travesty...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TVEDU_RED, Aug 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes of course its all been blown out of proportion. Its not as if his mates would walk off & leave him in it. Not unlike the chav scum who done it to a bloke near me. Its just health & saftey nazis trying to justify thier own jobs ( yet again). Its nothing but horseplay. Horseplay being vital to the morale of a collective body of men doing what can be a difficult job. Why cant they just give em a break.

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

this is ******* infuriating. a very close family member has been in for almost his full thirty years in the GMFRS, and this is all the bosses can find to be worried about. How about addressing the real problems of undermanning, retention, a constantly shrinking budget and the f*** all interest in the welfare of the firefighters?
  3. Its caused a huge stink up here, its all over the local press.

If it were any other profession it would have been understandable but for firemen to carry out a prank, which if copied and goes wrong, they would have to come deal with is just plain stupid!
  4. But it clearly wasn't done as an example of things to try at home when bored. I for one cant understand why one of his muckers decided to send the vid to the press, they clearly have an issue with loyalty within that particular station. The fact that it appeared on BBC News seems ridiculous, if people were really worried it might have been copied, why the hell put it on mainstream TV?

What a bunch of arrse.
  5. this was posted last night.on here.
  6. Yeah, by me. Think it's been moved, but the point still stands!
  7. I thought the footage on the telly was quite informative.
    Remember to pad the tumbler well and have somebody ready to pull the handle at any sign of trouble.

(Have more friends that have tried it than not !)

Might put the one that, quote "released it to the press" in for a full cycle with just a bag of nails for company though.
  8. They were actually being safety conciouse - I distinctly heard one of them say that the head should be at the front just in case. All blown out of proportion, but its good to see the fireman earning the vast sums of money they recieve
  9. ....ever seen a sapper in an 'S' tank? Better still if he's in full diving rig & it ruptures!
  10. we normally fill the s-tanks full of beer & then use the sprog sappers to go fishing for cans :D :D :D :D
  11. are'nt we glad we spent all that time filling in for those really under pressure poorly paid firemen not so long ago. :x :x :x :x

CNUTS :x :x :x :x
  12. what is the correct term 'firefighters or firemen in the uk
  13. A fireman does it, it's outrage, JackAss TV does it, it's entertainment! Which one is a kid liable to copy I wonder......

Beebs x
  14. the correct term is "lazy, greedy, striking, commie scumbags"