Firefighter dies tackling blaze

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by datumhead, Nov 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

Sounds like a big old fire, you wonder if it's worth leaving it to burn sometimes?
  2. Yes, with hindsight it definately is worth leaving it to burn if there is no one in the building. The problem is that when you turn up you are faced with a problem in that you cannot be sure of this, you have to do the best you can with the resourses at hand and occasinaly you pay the price. Fire fighting is a shit job at times. My thoughts and prayers are with the families.
  3. Sadly, looks like there are 4 fatalities.
  4. Soldiers dying on ops are old news and don't sell papers. Firefighters dying is quite an unusual occurence.

5. Steady tiger, you are in danger of starting a bandwagon.

Bagsie me in the front seat.
  6. WTF is up with some you on this forum? Many firefighters are ex soldiers and even if not, surely we can stop the point scoring etc for killed firefighters and soldiers doing their job alike! Just remember this, what would you say if these firefighters were killed rescuing your family? Fcuk you! :x
  7. I'd say "i didn't start the fire" and "i never asked him to go in there" and "he joined the fire service, what did he expect" etc etc.
  8. RIP to the one fatality and hope to those lost.

Although I have never experienced it, I presume its a tough job with many dangers that these guys face daily.

I have met a few firefighters who seem to have the same dedication and honour that we see in many soldiers.

No matter what the job or the dangers faced, it is sad news to hear of a death and loss of these professionals.

I hope that lessons are learned and that a similar loss does not happen again.
  9. Four firefighters believed dead

Hopes fade for the wellbeing of the missing firefighters.

Four firefighters are believed to have died tackling a suspected arson attack at a warehouse in Warwickshire.

One crew member died in hospital after being pulled from the blaze at the vegetable packing plant in Atherstone on Stour. Three more remain missing.

It could be the worst single loss of firefighters on duty since 1972, where seven firefighters died while fighting a blaze at a warehouse in Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.

In that incident, one firefighter was trapped inside the building and six of his colleagues died trying to rescue him.

Fingers crossed for the firebobbies!

10. Already being done in news and current affairs. Better suited there too, I think.
  11. rip fellas