Firearms Auction - 20/05/19

Gents - just popped up in my email and I've only scanned the first 300 odd lots. Something here for everyone - and some eye-wateringly high reserves on some lots. You may need tissues or a bowl to collect your saliva but there are some really lovely looking pieces for sale here. And a few bits of gaudy euro tat. Whatever your taste - Enjoy!

Hermann Historica | Antique and Modern Firearms - Antique Arms & Armour, Antiquities - Orders & International Military Collectibles - German Contemporary History

Gents - just popped up in my email and I've only scanned the first 300 odd lots. Something here for everyone - and some eye-wateringly high reserves on some lots. You may need tissues or a bowl to collect your saliva but there are some really lovely looking pieces for sale here. And a few bits of gaudy euro tat. Whatever your taste - Enjoy!

Hermann Historica | Antique and Modern Firearms - Antique Arms & Armour, Antiquities - Orders & International Military Collectibles - German Contemporary History
Holy moley...that's some collection!

This is my favourite item.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
1557389761115.png

Lot 406

Entered service with the Metropolitan Police in 1911...seven round magazine, just to keep the ungodly guessing.
- Take thet dastardly opium dealing white slaver Fu Manchu type !

( I think the River police were still being issued cutlasses around this time)

Last edited:

An arrsers wet dream?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

ugly

LE
And another one coming up here:

Holts Auctioneers | Fine Modern & Antique Guns

@Ravers some nice Boss, Purdey and H&H, including pairs and trios - and to be fair quite reasonably priced.
Holts are like a wounded Rhino. Well at least they charge like one. Whilst some bargains can be had you can often get new at the same or less if you shop around. Sealed bid tends to be closed down dealers stock or trade ins of dubious value. Still you can often find items of unobtanium if you are willing. My main gripe with holts is their charges but the fact that they no longer exhibit the sealed bid at the main auction viewings claiming a lack of space. I am not going to Wolferton to look at a gun or rifle no matter how nice the place is!