Firearm ID for Media scum.

Shouldn't that be "deadly" assault rifles?

Along with "deadly arsenal" (gat gun, bb gun and a de-act), and "deadly ammunition" (two tins of air rifle pellets)...

Shouldn't that be "deadly" assault rifles?

Along with "deadly arsenal" (gat gun, bb gun and a de-act), and "deadly ammunition" (two tins of air rifle pellets)...
...and I it was reported that an Olympic competitor had referred to air gun pellets as bullets, I am more of a mind it was lazy reporting rather than a verbatim quote.

...and I it was reported that an Olympic competitor had referred to air gun pellets as bullets, I am more of a mind it was lazy reporting rather than a verbatim quote.
Might have been an old school reporter taking notes in shorthand. If you have ever used teeline, you will know that similar sounding words can appear identical on paper.

C

count_duckula

Don't forget, they always say how many rounds can be fired per minute: the Daily Mail always did this with the MAC-10 in the little "factfile" to one side of the main story. "600 rounds per minute", if the shooter can reload at the speed of light..

To the hole.

I suspect neither the press or their readers give a flying **** about gun nut minutiae. I certainly don't.

To the hole.

I suspect neither the press or their readers give a flying **** about gun nut minutiae. I certainly don't.
Wash your mouth out!!!

(Or are you really saving up to become a vegan?)

To the hole.

And fair enough, why should they/you, no reason at all of course. The press will carry on mangling this matter as they do with just about everything else they report on

The other one that gets me is "armed police" when referring to the police of other countries, given that "unarmed police" would be more noteworthy in most of the world.

As you will have read here, the problem isn't just that the language used is inaccurate but it sensationalises as well and i think that most thinking people would give a flying most things about that.

There is little doubt in mind that gun crime in the US is exacerbated by the TV news channels. I have spent quite a deal of my life in the US and even local early evening news (the equivalent of South Today with Sally Taylor) is full of gun carnage.

I love how UK plod pander to thickies at press conferences when they like to show off a 'deadly cache' of seized weapons or some crap handed in at an amnesty. Then we are shown lavish shots of air pistols, BB guns, blank firing replicas, airsofts, spud guns and a Colt 1911 shaped gas lighter, and maybe, just maybe, if we are very lucky a rusty old SMLE minus mag and bolt.

And when they are really desperate, they will decorate the table with a pair of nunchukas, a monkey metal 'survival' knife and a black widow catapult. Boys toys, not weapons

I love how UK plod pander to thickies at press conferences when they like to show off a 'deadly cache' of seized weapons or some crap handed in at an amnesty. Then we are shown lavish shots of air pistols, BB guns, blank firing replicas, airsofts, spud guns and a Colt 1911 shaped gas lighter, and maybe, just maybe, if we are very lucky a rusty old SMLE minus mag and bolt.

And when they are really desperate, they will decorate the table with a pair of nunchukas, a monkey metal 'survival' knife and a black widow catapult. Boys toys, not weapons
This I have to agree with. The desperatation is somewhere between palabable and pathetic at these public showings. You can almost feel them wishing they had some really serious weaponry to show off.

The other one that gets me is "armed police" when referring to the police of other countries, given that "unarmed police" would be more noteworthy in most of the world.
My favourite is unquestionably 'police snipers'.

Amnesties used to be so much more fun in the years up to about maybe 1985-ish.

Back then the national service generation would non chalantly drop all manner of hardware into the bin outside the station ranging from pinched MP40's to Malaya issue sawn of Auto 5's, maybe a few mills bombs and always at least one nutter who had decided for some reason to keep a mortar round in the house since 1946 to use as a door stop and then suddenly decided in 1978 that it was a dangerous thing to have lying around.

These days plod poo themself, throw up a cordon and demand EOD turn up for anything remotely grenade, rocket or gun shaped.

Bed wetters.

Even your so-called boys toys can be used to kill, maim or intimidate and should not be in the possession of morons. I see a need for strict control of weapons and who owns them but fail to see what makes a person responsible enough to have a shotgun or a rifle but not a pistol.