• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Fire up the Outrage Bus

T24D

Old-Salt
#1
Folks, hope this post is in the right place.

I have seen this afternoon in my town centre the BNP with a big stall set out (huge Union Jacks and badges) deliberately and strategically positioned alongside and near to the usual Poppy sellers.

I was not sure i was seeing things right at first but there was no doubt on closer examination that they were handing out leaflets to clearly equally confused fellow passers by.

Experience has taught me (often painfully) that remonstrating and offering physical violence to said racist bigots achieves little.So i complained to two passing PCSOs (not interested) and then when home on the phone to local plod.(will look into it).

Now, before i explode and i have been getting angrier and angrier as i think about it, some questions for you...

Am i being wrong about the whole thing and over reacting?(ie right to free speech etc)

OR

Are they racist scum who have no right to expound their hatred and bigotry to all wether they want to listen or not.

Even if they have a right to a public forum was the act of setting up shop next to the Poppy sellars out of order??

I remain angry and confused, but concerned i am becoming a dinosaur.

Fire up the Bus!!
 
#2
T24D said:
Folks, hope this post is in the right place.

I have seen this afternoon in my town centre the BNP with a big stall set out (huge Union Jacks and badges) deliberately and strategically positioned alongside and near to the usual Poppy sellers.

I was not sure i was seeing things right at first but there was no doubt on closer examination that they were handing out leaflets to clearly equally confused fellow passers by.

Experience has taught me (often painfully) that remonstrating and offering physical violence to said racist bigots achieves little.So i complained to two passing PCSOs (not interested) and then when home on the phone to local plod.(will look into it).

Now, before i explode and i have been getting angrier and angrier as i think about it, some questions for you...

Am i being wrong about the whole thing and over reacting?(ie right to free speech etc)

OR

Are they racist scum who have no right to expound their hatred and bigotry to all wether they want to listen or not.

Even if they have a right to a public forum was the act of setting up shop next to the Poppy sellars out of order??

I remain angry and confused, but concerned i am becoming a dinosaur.

Fire up the Bus!!

Did you ask the BNP bods why they were doing it at all?
 

T24D

Old-Salt
#3
No

had no wish to become embroiled in any arguments...

and was quite taken aback
 
#5
Outrage Bus may have used its alotted mileage this year at this rate, Also where did this happen ??
Maybe one of our more verbally flexible members could go and ask why.
 
#6
Bit like the scum from the 'loyalist' paramilitaries laying poppy wreaths on the shrines where their fellow criminal barstewards justifiably got theirs.

The only saving grace is that with any luck they've had to pay RBL for them.
 
#7
Just because you don't like the BNP's opinions does not mean that they are not allowed to express them. Conversely, just because they don't like yours shouldn't mean that you are not allowed to expess to them your distaste at what you perceive to be an attempt to associate themselves with the Poppy Appeal. If you do decide to do this, be careful.
 
#8
if its quiet this weekend I thought I would polish the bus, anyone got the nsn for turtle wax ?

WW

wax on , wax off
 
#9
wheelchairwarrier said:
if its quiet this weekend I thought I would polish the bus, anyone got the nsn for turtle wax ?

WW

wax on , wax off
Leave it until noon before you polish it.There might be something in the Sunday Rags that will require immediate bussing activity!
 
#10
I do think that the BNP have the right to air their opinion. I consider that opinion to be pretty vile, but they are entitled to it.

Trying to associate that opinion to the poppy appeal is a pretty scummy trick. Doubt it is illegal but I don't know.

Did the poppy sellers have a stall or where they tray carriers? In other words, how easy would it be for the collectors to move away.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
vvaannmmaann said:
wheelchairwarrier said:
if its quiet this weekend I thought I would polish the bus, anyone got the nsn for turtle wax ?

WW

wax on , wax off
Leave it until noon before you polish it.There might be something in the Sunday Rags that will require immediate bussing activity!
Since it's that time of year I've took the liberty of hiring some extra buses
I would hate for a "I got a parking ticket whilst parked in a restricted zone" thread to be diminished for lack of wheels

Today we can jump on board the BNP Outrage special

 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#13
vvaannmmaann said:
Syrup.That bus will need re-painting.Might offend someone.Echoes of the Empire,and Imperialist Repression.
Fair enough mate I'll send the driver back to the block to get out of his civvies

 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top