"Fire up the Merc; the Quattros dead!" Who was Gene Hunt?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldAdam, May 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, the last episode - the end of 'Ashes to ashes' - the Quattro is riddled with bullets and Gene Hunt is looking at a Mercedes-Benz brochure and the team have made it to the pub...

So, who was Gene Hunt?

Answers on a post-card, please! :policecap:
  2. Easy:
    A character in the BBC TV series' 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' played by the actor Philip Glenister

Ohhhhhhhh, I see you want to know who he was meant to be, woops :x ...I'd say he's a sort of St. Peter (or an archangel of somesort) figure trying to help the souls of troubled policemen (and women) reach heaven whilst DCI Jim Keats is Satan and trying to take their souls down his lift to hell! :police:

The poor quattro :( !!!
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

did anyone notice how the door of the Quattro on Gene's side was riddled with bullets... when it was the side **away** from the Dutch smugglers when they opened fire?
  4. There is always a spotter, to fuck up, a non sencicle plot.
  5. SPOTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

sencicle? :?
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

well, seeing as they were at least a dozen, surrounded by shiny metal where they'd stripped the paint, and the shot lingered on the Gene Genie, I couldnt help but notice.

8. So Gene Hunt was in Copper Vallhalla! Quite a nice ending I thought. Helping dead coppers through purgatory.
    Raymondo topped himself for being a walt and a disapointment to his Soldier Dad priceless!
  9. You no what I ment, why dodge the question? Is this a spelling contest?
  10. Gene, was St Peter who through his methods enabled members of the police profession in Limbo to make there way to heaven. The other guy was Beelzebub trying to collect souls,

11. So St Peter drives a red Quattro? That begs the question what the F*** does God drive?

Personally, I think it's a Mercedes 230TE estate...
  12. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

I'm glad that what I thought about the episode is pretty much what the above says. For 3/4 of it I was bloody clueless!
  13. He walks, and by fuck is he pissed
  14. Au contraire-if he's drunk and driving who's gonna stop him?
  15. Does that make the Landlord of the pub (I forget his name) God??