Fire station burns down.........

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by grumpyoldb, Oct 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good, Militant striking jobsworth w*nkers!
  2. Let me guess, they were sleeping? :roll:
  3. They most certainly were not sleeping. They were attending a diversity, health & safety and equal opportunities seminar at the community outreach centre.
  4. Will probably add it to their stats when looking for a pay rise though.....

Watch out for the normal cascade of stories, "policeman found locked in cells," or "Nurse OD's on med trolley" culminating with "Army storeman issues kit!" On second thought they will never believe that last one...............
  5. Imagine their little red faces as they drove their taxi past the blaze!
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Just a small point guys: the building was a retained service station, and
    therefore the crew would have been volunteers/part-timers.

Say what you want about the regular crews, but retained firemen perform a vital service in rural areas, which would otherwise have no cover.

In the village that I grew up in all the crew were locals, and were accorded the same respect as the lifeboat crew.
  7. You are correct Gremlin. Retained firemen are indeed part time, and what's more most of them didn't strike.
  8. And more power to them.

Bit embaressing though, like the RAF not being able to fly, the navy having no ships or the Army not having any soldiers

9. yeah in the village i live the retained fire fighters sat in their little shiny engine and waited till they had a full crew whilst a cottage burned beautifully 200 yds up the road, crews from chichester got there before the selsey crew managed a meagre 200 yds!

Well done the fire service, is what the owner said or words to that effect, NOT!!

10. Point taken: Part Time, Militant jobsworth w*nkers