Fire Pit - Yes or No?

We have a concrete slab in the garden. It needs to be used or removed. It used to have a greenhouse on it and its about 8 feet by 12. I was thinking it could be a good base for a fire pit. Brick built with seating around etc.
If you have a fire pit do you use it? More trouble that it's worth? Will it piss off the neighbours?
This sort of thing perhaps?

View attachment 488328View attachment 488329
Build it and we will come...

Even got some nice choons to sing along to...

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
To dig out, hardcore and concrete a slab that size, would cost a fortune.........

Worth utilising it for some garden feature if you can.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
To dig out, hardcore and concrete a slab that size, would cost a fortune.........

So utilise it twice then....:wink::wink::wink:

All these fancy fire pits. I have an ex-gas
bottle one that goes camping with me.
Ignore the rust, that will be burned off next time it's used.
Years ago I had been camping in the van on the shore of Loch Lubnaig. Got up the next morning, flung open the van side door, clad only in my boxers to be confronted with a tour bus load of Japanese tourists all gathered round taking pics of my wood burner. Cue rapid retreat into van

Edited to add: The back garden is not a mess, it is being converted into a butterfly, bee and wildlife haven
20200711_185533.jpg

Last edited:
All these fancy fire pits. I have an ex-gas
bottle one that goes camping with me.
Ignore the rust, that will be burned off next time it's used.
Years ago I had been camping in the van on the shore of Loch Lubnaig. Got up the next morning, flung open the van side door, clad only in my boxers to be confronted with a tour bus load of Japanese tourists all gathered round taking pics of my wood burner. Cue rapid retreat into van

Edited to add: The back garden is not a mess, it is being converted into a butterfly, bee and wildlife haven
View attachment 488895
I wished you had posted that earlier before I went out and bought one of these..
Screenshot_20200711-192556_Chrome.jpg

Zulu_w

Old-Salt
I wished you had posted that earlier before I went out and bought one of these..
View attachment 488901
The price on that is insane.

My other toy is a homemade smoker. Whole leg of pork going down. As its the ME that is epic! Cost is shuddering.

smoker.jpg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The price on that is insane.

My other toy is a homemade smoker. Whole leg of pork going down. As its the ME that is epic! Cost is shuddering.
Just not three k shuddering ?

Zulu_w

Old-Salt
Just not three k shuddering ?
Hell no. Mine was a freebie built by a mate to repay on a favour sort of thing.

Totally homemade.

The shop bought ones are a scary price and don't last.

My plow disc is getting on for 20 years old. Seen a lot of service and is just scrubbed down withg gravel and water and lightly oiled post use. Going strong. Cost about GBP30 in metal.

sore knees

Old-Salt
We have a concrete slab in the garden. It needs to be used or removed. It used to have a greenhouse on it and its about 8 feet by 12. I was thinking it could be a good base for a fire pit. Brick built with seating around etc.
If you have a fire pit do you use it? More trouble that it's worth? Will it piss off the neighbours?
This sort of thing perhaps?

View attachment 488328View attachment 488329
Paint the concrete slab green, pretend it's grass.

20200712_223448.gif

Latest Threads