Fire Pit - Yes or No?

We have a concrete slab in the garden. It needs to be used or removed. It used to have a greenhouse on it and its about 8 feet by 12. I was thinking it could be a good base for a fire pit. Brick built with seating around etc.
If you have a fire pit do you use it? More trouble that it's worth? Will it piss off the neighbours?
This sort of thing perhaps?

Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg

We have a concrete slab in the garden. It needs to be used or removed. It used to have a greenhouse on it and its about 8 feet by 12. I was thinking it could be a good base for a fire pit. Brick built with seating around etc.
If you have a fire pit do you use it? More trouble that it's worth? Will it piss off the neighbours?
This sort of thing perhaps?

View attachment 488328View attachment 488329

Both cost about £8k, and somewhat pretentious, and yes, it will piss off the neighbours. If in the UK, think about the weather, and very soon burning coal and timber will be verboten. Use the vacant slab for a green house, and grow your own tomatoes, peas, etc, much more healthier than inhaling smoke.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Both cost about £8k, and somewhat pretentious, and yes, it will piss off the neighbours. If in the UK, think about the weather, and very soon burning coal and timber will be verboten. Use the vacant slab for a green house, and grow your own tomatoes, peas, etc, much more healthier than inhaling smoke.
Bollocks, he can always use old tyres.

Vvaannmmaann, build yourself a proper braai and fire pit, tanning nyama is what weekends are for

Do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, possibly whilst on the throne

Nothing says chav more than a fire pit.

If you want to go full pikey use an oil drum.

As long as you are burning seasoned wood, I see no problem.
If the neighbours snivel, invite them over for a weenie roast and a few beers.
Unless they are utter cnuts of course, then throw some green wood on it.

Or really define your chav credentials and get a mini hot tub.

Or really define your chav credentials and get a mini hot tub.
And put it next to the trampoline but keep it away from the Koi pond.

Edited to add: Before entering the hot tub you should remove your silk kimono & a chunky gold watch & chain.

Last edited:
Go for it but put a roof with a chimney hole, they are not chav if built correctly .

As long as you are burning seasoned wood, I see no problem.
If the neighbours snivel, invite them over for a weenie roast and a few beers.
Unless they are utter cnuts of course, then throw some green wood on it.
Car tyres get a fire going really well.

Ignore this dolly mixture! Brick laying, wood working and fire. Sit back with a beer as you burn pallets and watch your bollocks grow!

Give it a new lease of life as the roof for a nuclear bunker.

Oops

War Hero

I've found two wagon super single wheel centres welded together with a couple of inches of gap between em for 'draw' is both cheap and when combined with suitable fuel, quite practible....
For a Hillbilly.
IMG-20200530-WA0003.jpg

The Worklad went all 'arty' after that ....
He's been to Ag. College, can you tell?
Elf n safety gone ....
I'm not sure whether I should be paying his wages to d*ck about in the workshop however.

Nah, I've got a washing machine drum which I've made into a rotating firepit. Get it spinning right and you get a firenado.

Back in 1992(?) I was invited to a Dutch radar base, (Nieue Milligan(sp)?) for a BBQ. Generous and drunken weekend, but the thing of note for me was their BBQ. Imagine, if you will, at perfect cooking height a zig-zag design, two brick wide, BBQ with the cooking space such that you were next to and opposite other guests cooking. Raw food under cover and you selected and cooked your own food thus enabling the hosts to mingle and avoid accusations of over cooking the steak/food poisoning etc.

(Basically a brick wall (any shaped) with a channel in the top for hot coals, covered in a grate... Cheap, easy to build, maintain and clean.)

Latest Threads