Fire for effect

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by captaincalamity, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will someone please tell me how to fill up a refillable gas lighter??? I stick the pointy end of the 'Universal Gas Lighter Refill' (TM, patents pending, blah blah blah) up the jacksy of the stupid 'turbo' (oh, did I see an exhaust recirculating device sticking out of your emission tube) lighter and all I get is bleeding off the remaining gas from said lighter. Is I supposed to push the inner valve bit up whilst doing it or no? Weekend coming up - how am I to watch hexe-tv without the benefit of my fandango lighter???
  2. Just buy a new refillable gas lighter. They come with gas already in.

Saves messing about trying to refill them.

Of course, the downside is that you end up with a cupboard full of the empty ones. Being refillable, you're not really keen on just throwing them away like the disposable ones.
  3. try inverting the lighter and refilling it that way
  4. Do you use a gas stove or a spirit burner by any chance? I know you said "hexi telly" but some still call it that despite using a gas stove.
    If so, I find the "Light my fire" stick works best... it's basically just a stick of flint with a scraper. Stand over your stove, scrape the stick downwards towards the flames, and a shower of sparks lights it first time.

Lighters are shite in the wind, even more so when they get wet. These sticks work every time.

Granted, they're crap for hexi blocks and tabs mind you. But if you need to light tabs and hexi, just get loads of cheap disposables.
  5. Find an Aussie
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Stay away from anything technical, or that has the potential to go bang, or that has buttons, or switches, or uses electricity, or is even mildly complicated, or dangerous.

Hope that helps.
  7. I take it your wife can work the video controls then
  8. For God's sake man, just have your servants carry out the task, it's what you employ them for.
  9. Buy a Zippo you cheapskate!!
  10. First bleed it with a screwdriver (not a rollerball pen; ink goes everywhere) to get the air out. Then refill with the gas.
  11. 00:18 hrs posted, i'm guessing apres pub frustration wanting to roike? Meesing about with compressed flamable gas whilst p!ssed? Now, that had 'Darwin Award' potential written all over it!! :D