Fire extinguisher bracket BCF

We have these two brackets, the one with the fabric pull is the one we know well.

The one with the red end to the metal tab and the red indicator tell tale is one we are concerned about. We dont know what kit it was standard for. Can anyone help identify what it was used on please?

Robin

Attachments

• Brit FE brackets.jpg
    Brit FE brackets.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 916

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dear All, can you look a bit closer, the two are quite different in detail, the one on the right is the one we are asking about.

R
Dear you
If you look a bit closer you'll see we are talking about that one, sorry our advice doesn't suit you. In future ask somewhere else try a re-enactment forum perhaps?

Dear Helm,

without wanting to enter into a downward spiral, I am not new to British military vehicles having been around many since 1980 and to date have not seen in service usage of the right hand item. No one I know (my peers) have seen them used either.

I am not in the habit asking questions without a genuine desire to find the right answer.

Do you have any pictures of such brackets in service? We cant find any anywhere.

I respect you have an opinion

Robin

SAS London fleet only. Worth a shitting fortune.

Dear All,

I am trying to pin point what vehicle or piece of kit this bracket on the right was used for.

I have received many suggestions but no one can actually say what this style with the red tell tale indicator was used for

Many thanks

Robin

Attachments

• Brit FE brackets.jpg
    Brit FE brackets.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
its Saturday night and the tele is rubbish
what else is ther to do?
I will look and see if I still have one in the attic the same, it might have been slung in the last tidy out

Red tab post 2000 pos later. It was used on lots of other things that needed a FE by law as well. Stupid people react well to the colour red hence Man Utd's following in the home counties.

ACAB

LE
Red tab post 2000 pos later. It was used on lots of other things that needed a FE by law as well. Stupid people react well to the colour red hence Man Utd's following in the home counties.
Merely an upgrade as BONNACON says.

Latest Threads