Fire Discipline and the USMC

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Letterwritingman, Apr 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ummmm watched the news............heard the background comments...watched the soldiers..........anyone like to add anything :roll:
  2. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

yeah. bunch of un-proffessional t*ssers.
  3. Thankyou Pap that was the sort of comment I wished to encourage after 8 cans of Spar Special and a night of Sky News........I thought the rather panicky "Stop shooting" added some degree of realtime to the entire afffair don't you?
  4. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

yes, i saw that report too, LWM durin the 8pm slot. and after just returning home after a night on the pop, i reinforce my porevious statement.
  5. No disagreement here................... general "Clear ease springs on automatic" appeared to be the fire control order over there 8O
  6. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

oh yes. and they wonder why no one likes them over there...
  7. Papa .................This happened with Bert..a two way conversation.....spill it man .do you want me?.......... Bert does 8O
  8. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

no mate. i don't swing that way. it may be legal now. but it's not compulsery. i'd rather shove rusty barbed wire down my japs eye than become an up hill gardener.
  9. Apparently.................... 8O
  10. According to Capt Cheeky.......... 8O :roll: :evil:
  11. sounds like a class piece of telly please explain context missed it unfortunatly :twisted:
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

CNN are showing some night vision pictures of a bunch of yanks on a roof top (shoulder to shoulder) standing and kneeling looking out over Faluja.

One yank pop's an Illume from his 203, I presume in order to give away any night vision equipment advantage they have or more likely, just because he hadn't fired an illum in anger before.

Another scene see's a SAW gunner open up with long bursts on something after some shots were heard (note. NOT crack and thump, just shots) - the SAW goes through 30 or 40 rounds - quite exciting for the yank viewers war on terror I suspect.

Another scene has a sniper fire a shot and his no.2 loading the next round into the bolt action weapon. Q1) WHY? Did't the bolt action rifle have a small magazine of some kind and Q2) Why wasn't the no.2 spotting like a good no.2 should?

Another scene has the roof top full of yanks opening up for a minute or so on a 'target' though I suspect the target will be "a road", "a building" or "I dunno, I was jus' shootin' at what ya'l was shootin at"...

Mr H
  13. Thats the demonstration I was bumping my gums about 8)
  14. LWM, isthere a link to this? I missed it on the news :cry:
  15. sounds like a bunch of muppets having a caddy with nothing better todo :twisted:
    Unfortunatly its in the middle of a city and there suppoused to be a professional soldiers :cry: