Finishing Sixth Form, Fancying being an RMP Officer!

No offence mate, but if you've always fanced RMP, then join as a Soldier. RMP Officers are more administrators than anything else.

Ad4m said:
Hey(apostrophe?) this is my first post on the forum, so hi!

I'm finishing my A-levels soon and since i was 14 i've fancied joining the RMP,(full stop) i looked on the careers website and to be an officer in the rmp it asks for "A-levels or equivilent" i was just(unneccessary word) wondering:

1. what does it mean by a-levels or equivilent are there a select set of a-levels they require, for example, they want a B in english language?

2. Can anyone give me any information as to what happens like(WTF?) the whole process? i'm really interested and i've looked all over at the regiment,(WTF?) the training and stuff(Oh FFS. This is painful) but it'd be nice to get an account from someone who has done it.

Thanks for reading :)

(I nearly gave up)
wah wah wah wah wah wah!

or

Please tell me you are joking about becoming an Officer in the RMP. Please. You will need English at 'A' Level, not fücking spirit level?

Just check the army site and find it there. Alternatively just visit your army recruiting office and ask them (who will be needed for you to apply anyway).

Also I have never met anyone who "fancies the admin".
Do you just want a rank and uniform or what?

fusil89 said:
Also I have never met anyone who "fancies the admin".
Do you just want a rank and uniform or what?
He may become a 2Lt/Lt given time, but rank doesn't compensate for experiance. Experiance you wont get as an officer.

If you fancy Admin, try SPS, that may be your cup of tea.

i'm joking about admin, i don't mind it.
I fancy it because i'd like to be in a leadership role and i think i can do that.

Ad4m said:
I fancy it because i'd like to be in a leadership role and i think i can do that.
Good, because most officers admin is up their arrses!

Two soldiers and an RMP guy meet a genie; first soldier: 'I want back in the barracks with a hot tub and two girls'; second soldier: 'same here, but build a 12 foot wall around the building so nothing can get in or out - the RMP guy'll follow us!'; RMP guy: 'fill the wall up with water.'

Mr.X said:
Two soldiers and an RMP guy meet a genie; first soldier: 'I want back in the barracks with a hot tub and two girls'; second soldier: 'same here, but build a 12 foot wall around the building so nothing can get in or out - the RMP guy'll follow us!'; RMP guy: 'fill the wall up with water.'
Go die.

Mr.X said:
And thats funny because???

Mr.X said:
They do say no truer word spoken in jest.

Why is the RMP with the two soldiers? Is because he hasn´t got any friends?

Ad4m said:

surely an infantry officer is the purest form of leadership in the forces (not to devalue anyone else) particularly because you are in charge of the lives of those under you. Anyway the RSM and other NCO's will be the ones harrassing you over paperwork and making up for your initial lack of experience in the first few years.

Yes I do. But thats not the point. what I was trying to put across (and I dont want our usual back and forth about how "you know best") is that there is more direct leadership involved in front line/field work.
As well as putting across that the same sort of role can be achieved by being an NCO as well (before you say "how do you know" my dad was an NCO)

fusil89 said:
Yes I do. But thats not the point. what I was trying to put across (and I dont want our usual back and forth about how "you know best") is that there is more direct leadership involved in front line/field work.
As well as putting across that the same sort of role can be achieved by being an NCO as well (before you say "how do you know" my dad was an NCO)
Don't bring your dads rank in here fella