Fined

Cough it. Definitely the best policy.
On a serious note, and at the risk of being accused of grammar fascism...
If you want to be a police officer you must learn to write coherently. That means using sentences and punctuation and all that old fashioned nonsense.
Good luck with your application.

If you want to be a police officer you must learn to write coherently. That means using sentences and punctuation and all that old fashioned nonsense.
Back in my day, it was two arms, two legs and a head. How things have changed.

Youngsters nowadays being able to read and write..harrumph.

Bosscat

War Hero
General rule of thumb is to declare it. Covering a fire alarm is not recordable as such but it is relevant to the integrity issue and the police are very keen on integrity. I assume you covered the alarm to have a smoke or some such rather than activate your meth. lab.

The police themselves have fines and disciplinary procedure for being naughty so in this instance, you should be fine.
Nah they're not, they used to be.

Cough it. Definitely the best policy.
On a serious note, and at the risk of being accused of grammar fascism...
Good luck with your application.
When I joined the first time around you needed a modicum of literary ability. Second time around it was all tick the box forms and computers with spellcheckers.

Getting a dig from the old man should not affect entry to the police.

If civvy police and courts are not involved, there's nothing to declare. edit to add:- I got hammered by the German civvy courts for a RTA, my discharge book says, Exemplary, I passed the met police test, and was accepted, I failed the eye test, but nothing was seen or said about my German court appearance.
That was 40 years ago you balloon head.

The whole CRB or (now DBS )checking can be confusing. I have personal experience for this- back in 2003 I was in Germany and was picked up by the RMP for being drunk and disorderly. Taken to camp and left in a cell to sleep it off. Had RMP interview who referred it to CO. It was then referred down to my OC, whom I was charged by.
The first question was do I plead guilty or not guilty, obviously I had to plead guilty. At this point I wasn’t sure how this would pan out. Anyway OC knew I was a good egg and this was out of character. Gave me a fine, and no more sanctions would follow. Fair enough, he was as lenient as he could be. ( he was a good egg himself)
Some years later, I did a PNC check and discovered my drunk and disorderly fine was on there as a summery offence. ( I can’t exactly remember the wording of it).
Whenever I’ve applied for a job which requires full vetting I’ve always disclosed it just to be safe.
What can be confusing is when the question of have you ever been convicted of an offence comes up, as I always believed a conviction could only be issued by a court of law or courts martial.
An foreign British soldier ( l/cpl Baleiwai) had an issue when he was charged by the Army and applied for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Interesting stuff, I did not know that. I always thought that a dig from the old man was just that, internal discipline a bit like being in the HR office and getting a rifting for something.

Interesting stuff, I did not know that. I always thought that a dig from the old man was just that, internal discipline a bit like being in the HR office and getting a rifting for something.
Depends I think if the RMPs involved. A summery offence can be put on the PNC, this includes if someone is ever AWOL. Bear in mind that being AWOL is not a criminal offence but civil plod will detain you for it.

Depends I think if the RMPs involved. A summery offence can be put on the PNC, this includes if someone is ever AWOL. Bear in mind that being AWOL is not a criminal offence but civil plod will detain you for it.
I was never an OC so I would not know how it works. As a civvy you are reported for a summary offence and if deemed prosecutable you go off in front of a magistrate. If guilty that is entered on the PNC, I don't know the mechanics of it but there must be an admin procedure for it.

I would assume then that if RMP report you to your boss they presumably submit paperwork and receive a copy of his verdict.. That verdict then being entered into the PNC. Bummer.

I would assume so Effendi. I don’t necessarily think that the CO/ OC are aware of the consequences. At the end of the day they are not legally trained.
Despite my summery offence, I left with an exemplary discharge with no regimental entries..
Must be thousands of squaddies who’ve been charged in front of the CO, who may not know where it’s been logged, such as the PNC.
For instance , the Army can send someone to MCTC for being AWOL. This is classed as a custodial sentence, you cannot join the Police for example,having served a sentence, yet it’s not recognised as a criminal offence.
Technically would that be fair?

I know plenty of blokes who as young soldiers got up to all sorts of shenanigans and did the dance in front of the old man several times. Many of those same chaps went on to be SNCO's, WO's and I know of at least one who picked up a commission. And I am pretty much sure that everyone thought it all stayed inhouse unless it was downright criminality and Colchester, or Court Martials were involved.

Latest Threads