Fined

Long story short about year ago I broke standing orders, covered a fire alarm got caught nice one after a piss up. anyways got fined a few quid of the OC not the CO I'm out now and I've applied for the police passed everything and was wondering if it would show up on a criminal check ? The police also ask about my military back round but nothing to do with this just my number etc. I don't think it's criminal it's more discipline ? Done a basic check and it was not on their. Any ideas ??

Long story short about year ago I broke standing orders, covered a fire alarm got caught nice one after a piss up. anyways got fined a few quid of the OC not the CO I'm out now and I've applied for the police passed everything and was wondering if it would show up on a criminal check ? The police also ask about my military back round but nothing to do with this just my number etc. I don't think it's criminal it's more discipline ? Done a basic check and it was not on their. Any ideas ??
Unless its logged with the local plod, and you were in civvie court, or got banged up in civvie nick, fined by a civvie court, its inadmissible. After 7 years its struck off, statute of limitations. in barracks its a military matter, nothing to do with the civvie plod, what happens in barracks, stays in barracks.

Don't worry about it.
Just asked a mate who is ex reg and serving plod. He got charged 3 times banged on ROPS and had a fine off the CO of £100.

Nothing appeared on his checks as it was all dealt with in house and no civilian offence occurred

Nope no local plod just the rsm cutting about the block and he went in my room and I got caught, admitted I was wrong etc got hoyed in front of the OC given a 7 day fine instead of rops and that was it paid my fine and nothing more. Just didn't no if the police would see it as criminal or not I haven't declared it as I believe it's a discipline action. The form asks;
Either as a juvenile or adult, have you ever been convicted or had a
formal caution, warning, final warning, reprimand, penalty notice for
disorder (PND), anti-social behaviour order, absolute or conditional
discharge, bind over, football spectator banning order, risk of sexual
harm order, harassment warning/order or any other form of restorative
justice disposal by the police in the UK, or a non-UK police force, Law
Enforcement Agency or other statutory prosecuting authority or agency?
(This includes involvement with military authorities)

Agree. I got fined for the heinous crime of losing my MOD 90 getting a lift back in the duty wheels from the GE flight at MPA in '92 (Sludge Club, anyone?). Didn't affect my application for West Mids plod or as a Custody Officer after I'd binned the police.
It's not a civvy offence committed in public so shouldn't show up.

Stumpy4154,
Awesome even better good to hear that what a belter fine that is crime of the year their
Yup. £50 was a lot of beer tokens in them days.

Either as a juvenile or adult, have you ever been convicted or had a
formal caution, warning, final warning, reprimand, penalty notice for
disorder (PND), anti-social behaviour order, absolute or conditional
discharge, bind over, football spectator banning order, risk of sexual
harm order, harassment warning/order or any other form of restorative
justice disposal by the police in the UK, or a non-UK police force, Law
Enforcement Agency or other statutory prosecuting authority or agency?
(This includes involvement with military authorities)
There's your answer then. You have to declare it. Nothing will probably come of it, but at least you won't have falsified your application.

Unless its logged with the local plod, and you were in civvie court, or got banged up in civvie nick, fined by a civvie court, its inadmissible. After 7 years its struck off, statute of limitations. in barracks its a military matter, nothing to do with the civvie plod, what happens in barracks, stays in barracks.
No it doesn't you spastic. Summary Hearings are recorded on the PNC and will show up on criminal record checks.

No it doesn't you spastic. Summary Hearings are recorded on the PNC and will show up on criminal record checks.
you sure about that? does falling asleep on stag or losing an ID card actually constitute a 'criminal offence' that the real police would be interested in ?

you sure about that? does falling asleep on stag or losing an ID card actually constitute a 'criminal offence' that the real police would be interested in ?
Yep. Offences with a civvie equivalent and certain military offences are automatically added to the PNC.

According to the Manual of Service Law, recordable offences are placed on the Police National Computer (PNC) by the Service Police Crime Bureau after receiving an upload from the Joint Personnel Administration of proven offences.

Recordable offences are considered those offences under section 42 of the Armed Forces Act 2006 for which the corresponding offences under the law of England and Wales are also recordable under regulation 3 of the National Police Records (Recordable Offences) Regulations 2000. In addition, there are a number of service offences that are recordable. These are:

a) Section 11 (1) – Misconduct towards a superior officer
b) Section 14 – Using force against a sentry etc
c) Section 24(1) – Damage to, or loss of, public or service property
d) Section 27 – Obstructing or failing to assist a service policeman
e) Section 28 – Resistance to arrest etc(only in relation to a conviction under section 28(1) (b)
or (c) – using violence or threatening behaviour)
f) Section 29 – Offences in relation to service custody
g) Section 30 – Allowing escape or unlawful release of prisoners, etc (but only where the
conviction is under section 30(4)(a))
h) Section 39 – Attempts to commit any offences specified above
i) Section 40 – Encouraging or assisting the commission of any offence above (apart from an
attempt)

Enquiries with the Metropolitan Police’s PNC Policy and Planning Unit [SC026] confirm that the service offences listed above are now recorded on the PNC.

General rule of thumb is to declare it. Covering a fire alarm is not recordable as such but it is relevant to the integrity issue and the police are very keen on integrity. I assume you covered the alarm to have a smoke or some such rather than activate your meth. lab.

The police themselves have fines and disciplinary procedure for being naughty so in this instance, you should be fine.

If civvy police and courts are not involved, there's nothing to declare. edit to add:- I got hammered by the German civvy courts for a RTA, my discharge book says, Exemplary, I passed the met police test, and was accepted, I failed the eye test, but nothing was seen or said about my German court appearance.

Last edited:
Another one my discharge certificate says conduct exemplary surely it would be good if I had a recorded charge ?
There's your answer then. You have to declare it. Nothing will probably come of it, but at least you won't have falsified your application.
Just in case you missed it the first time.