Findus beef lasagne contained up to 100% horsemeat, FSA says

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 2
  2. I don't half fancy a sherger-burger right now. (Shergar, I know). Wasn't that nag rumoured to have been disappeared to the Emerald Isle, source of the fast becoming infamous mixed-meat "beef"?

I don't know what all the fuss is about, we've probably been scarfing My Little Pony for years, the problem is it seems, now we know about it.

Feeding ground down infected sheep slurry to cattle was a far worse crime against cuisine.
  3. Horse meat is rather good. It's tenderised over the years by the tears of female squaddies.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Article says the meat content was up to 100% horse. The sauce will contain the mad cow gelatine.
  5. I would be pleasantly surprised if any product contained '100% meat' regardless of it being bloody horse!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. That was a request for help from the horses, "find us"
    • Like Like x 4
  7. 100% horsemeat!? That's dead posh! As a kid I was allowed to choose what was for dinner on my birthday and I remember my granddad driving 15 miles to get me a fresh horsemeat steak from the cattlemarket.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  8. I haven't seen Findus products for years. May be it's because I know how to ******* COOK!!
    • Like Like x 13
  9. Wonder what part of the horse it was......!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Who cares?
    Crap food like that is produced for and eaten by, poor and/or stupid people.
    Feed the untermensch soylent green, they don't care.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. The report said it came from French food Producer Comigel - please can we now ban all meat from France incase it isnt what it says on the tin, just like they would do to us.

Although it is an easy mistake to make when you are dealing with:

cow horse.jpg

.......Cow Walts

It looks well fuckin shifty - Oooh I wish i was a cow, look how green their grass you managed to look like a cow and just as you were being shot you remember your horsey mum sayng...the grass isnt always greener on the other side....
    • Like Like x 2
  12. 424490_10151412278252394_1303665699_n.jpg
    • Like Like x 11
  13. Dead on.

I'm just waiting for the Guardian/New Statesman article that explains how this is all a conspiracy - somehow engendered by Thatcher - against poor people. You know, the Labour voting mouth-breathers who wouldn't thank you for a tranche of organic polenta drizzled with a qumqat and balsamic reduction and topped with a organic goat's buttock ragout.
  14. Since there has clearly been no tracking of meat sources, we're probably eating that as well.
    • Like Like x 1