Finding Family in Wolfenbuttel

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Dave_Essex1, Mar 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I wonder if anyone can help, im trying to locate my 2nd cousin, she was born and raised in Wolfenbuttel
    daughter to a serviceman (My Cousin) who was based there for many many years,
    is there any kind of local authority that may be able to help me locate her over there, like a local register or something & who i should contact ?, , this is more for my aunt, as were all getting older, and she is desperate to find her, i thought id give this site a go, someone may be able to help ? i dont think she wants the dad (her son) to know she is looking for her (bad situation for him i guess)
    she will be around 22 23 now so this was a while back
    i tried the to see if the red cross could help but they said they couldnt in Wolfenbuttel ?
    any help would be appreciated
    Dave

2. Any Idea which regiment, do you have the surname, address, ect if so try the Regimental website e.g, The Queens Royal Lancer/assosiation/old mates, as there are a number of members who still live in Woffers and might be able to help