• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Finding a mate

Had a mate from this cap badge who's out now and I'm trying to find his contact details.

Last I saw him was before he was sent back from Sangin halfway through our 45Commando tour. he asked the monkeys to look into XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and your lot sent him home and I havent seen him since so hope one of you can give me a steer.

just want to give him a bell and see how he got on with all that stuff, and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

cheers.

Edited by mod - see below.

From Mod: you've put information on this post that would potentially jeopardise an investigation which might be sub judice. please PM me if you want to contact this individual, and i will give you a steer on how best to obtain it (when i'm satisfied with your credentials).

i would also ask that you refrain from posting potentially libellous comments about the second individual. i have no idea what incident you are referring to, or whether it is true, but i don't like new posters joining the site and making unsubstantiated comments about a colleague.

suggest you PM me before proceeding with further posts on this subject. if you repeat what you typed first time, or anything potentially libellous about an identifiable individual, i will remove the thread and request that your account be blocked.

CR

And to think that if CR was still tied up in whatever he was doing until last week, this whole thread would be a damn sight juicier. Goddamn you CR... :)

Blimey CR! Such responsibility shown from one so young. The boathouse in Heerford is blue btw! - ask Robert de Niro. The colour in Hereford is still sub judice - ask CR.

smudge_budge said:
Had a mate from this cap badge who's out now and I'm trying to find his contact details.

Last I saw him was before he was sent back from Sangin halfway through our 45Commando tour. he asked the monkeys to look into XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and your lot sent him home and I havent seen him since so hope one of you can give me a steer.

just want to give him a bell and see how he got on with all that stuff, and XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

cheers.

Edited by mod - see below.
Never mind all that. I think I can help. The man you are looking for is currently under deep cover in Wales. Look at the pic below. At the top of the pic in the distance just left of centre you will see the prow of a traditional Welsh coracle emerging from behind the trees. Your man is standing on the deck of the coracle. You didnt get this from me, ok?

Attachments

ok mate

not sure why you did that as i thought it was all well known by now and i didnt think i said anything but fact in that first message

im not sure what a pm is mate.

thanks

eodmatt said:
Smudge_budge, please confirm that you were in the Int Corps, as this would confirm a number of peoples preconceptions. Thanks.
I'll wager this young pup is not from the Green Slime. Rather, I feel he wears a beret of a different shade of green. The clue was in his original post "half way through our 45 Commando Tour"

I trust they don't let you loose on bombs alone EODmatt? :lol: :lol:

eodmatt said:
you will see the prow of a traditional Welsh coracle emerging from behind the trees. Your man is standing on the deck of the coracle. You didnt get this from me, ok?
You will never make the grade, stick to blue and red wires: These are not recognition features of Welsh or even English coracles. For a start they are both round therefore do not have "a prow" and secondly they do not have a deck, the English version may have a seat (a plank braced across the diameter of the coracle).

Don't get me started on variants of T-72.

Minnesota_Viking said:
eodmatt said:
you will see the prow of a traditional Welsh coracle emerging from behind the trees. Your man is standing on the deck of the coracle. You didnt get this from me, ok?
You will never make the grade, stick to blue and red wires: These are not recognition features of Welsh or even English coracles. For a start they are both round therefore do not have "a prow" and secondly they do not have a deck, the English version may have a seat (a plank braced across the diameter of the coracle).

You're up early, what's happened? Did the nursing staff need to change the bed linen again?

rebel_with_a_cause said:
Minnesota_Viking said:
eodmatt said:

You're up early, what's happened? Did the nursing staff need to change the bed linen again?
Yeah, they left him without his v-shaped splash plate. BTW in my very, very, very limited experience of T-72s I discovered only two variants that were important to me - those we had knocked out and those we hadn't!

Perhaps that is why my posting to Civ Div was so warmly welcomed? Coincidentally, less than a year after we last met. Bit harsh for a course report I thought! :)

smudge_budge,

I was informed of this conversation by a former colleague of mine, as the events which you (initially) described, may relate to those of which I was a part.

I am not normally a member of this website, but have registered in order to speak to you. I will periodically check this forum over the next few weeks, and if you are someone whom I worked with and I am the individual who you are looking for, then feel free to contact me here. After this time I will no longer be reading this webite.

If you are who you claim to be then it would certainly be great to speak with you again. I made some very good friends on operations before I was prematurely removed.

Be aware that I have already been informed that there is some press interest in this matter. If you are simply fishing for information then you will find none through me, and suggest that you do not waste anyone's time.

Regarding the edit of the original post on the ground that it may prejudice an active investigation. While I can not say for certain that this matter pertains to the events of which I was a part, I can tell you that if it does then there is no justification for the protection of such information.

I have been informed that the investigation which I requested, and only that investigation, has now been concluded. No-one has been cleared of the allegations which I alleged, however, I was informed that the investigation will never reach Court Martial. You may interpret that as you wish.

Send me your details through this website and I will decide if you are who you claim to be.

Many thanks.

Latest Threads