FIndind Photos of a Local WII regiment

I hope I'm in the right place !!

I spotted a photo of a regiment in a local Pub and it actually had my uncle in it.

My dad was made up to see it.. I would really love to get more photos or even that photo for him for Christmas !

I dont know if anyone can help.. but I'm looking for

433rd Battery 149th Regiment R.H.A Hoylake from 1939 !!

I would be fantastic if anyone can :D

There is a book:

'Shabash 149: the story of the 149th Regt RA 1939-45' by a Captain EW Capleton published Liverpool in 1963 by C Tinling & Co

Could be the same regt. Prob out of print but a good book search company will find it.

Google 149 regt ra

Pimmo, it was either a large pub or a small regiment!
Your best bet is to go via the Regimental assoc, other resources include the likes of Forcesreunited etc.

762baynet said:
Pimmo, it was either a large pub or a small regiment!
Your best bet is to go via the Regimental assoc, other resources include the likes of Forcesreunited etc.
lol it was a picture of the WHOLE regiment... Pub is just tapping into local History..

Will do as advised .. thanks

FYI

The actions of the Hoylake regiment are commemorated on a special plaque which was designed by Sgt Hubert Morris. It was unveiled at Hoylake Town Hall in 1951 and moved to West Kirby Concourse on Remembrance Sunday in 1981. A further Regimental Memorial plaque was placed in St Hildeburghís Church and dedicated by the then vicar, the Rev Peris Williams.

RE: Sergeant Hubert Morris
Your Uncle is mentioned in the book 'Shabash-149' on page 55.
Apparentley he designed the Regimental Flash of a 'Lighthouse on a red & blue diamond'.

Latest Threads