Find Your Role in the RAF

JAD

LE
I heard an advert on t' wireless today telling me that there are over 50 roles to choose from in the RAF, now that's impressive. Dining has obviously improved since my time 'on station' with crab air at Prize Norton where the choice was 'limited'; take or leave it horror bags .
By the way, my favourite is cheese and pickle.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/

westendboy

On ROPS
On ROPs
I know, It`s the govs way of saving a few quid across the service`s and it`s not going too well.

From what I can gather the Gov is sacking all the regular experienced soldiers/airmen/matelots, and replacing them with part time dudes.

I don`t see a good outcome.

deltadog2

Old-Salt
I heard an advert on t' wireless today telling me that there are over 50 roles to choose from in the RAF, now that's impressive. Dining has obviously improved since my time 'on station' with crab air at Prize Norton where the choice was 'limited'; take or leave it horror bags .
By the way, my favourite is cheese and pickle.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/
The cookhouse at Brize is/was mega. Actual military chefs and as many sausages as you like. They even have/had a toaster with settings other than 'soggy bread' and 'carbon'.

They think i could be a Pilot with my G4 & Forklift Experience.;)
I'm up for this RAF, will they let me be fat & overweight like some of the Army Reserves?
Can i take my C130 home at weekends in case i want a jolly to somewhere sunny?
Crack one out - Be the best - RAF Reserves

JAD

LE
I know, It`s the govs way of saving a few quid across the service`s and it`s not going too well.

From what I can gather the Gov is sacking all the regular experienced soldiers/airmen/matelots, and replacing them with part time dudes.

I don`t see a good outcome.
What could be possibly be more part time than most RAF aircrew (and their entourage baggage party), clock watching bureaucrats and practically unionised when I was an attached pongo in RAF(G). More time off than Arnie's safety catch. To be fair though, they knew how to throw an end of tour party.

Spoilt rotten
The cookhouse at Brize is/was mega. Actual military chefs and as many sausages as you like. They even have/had a toaster with settings other than 'soggy bread' and 'carbon'.