Find My Posts Facility

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Murielson, Oct 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bosses - within My Stuff (toolbar thingy towards top of page) there is the facility to select my posts. If I remember correctly this used to take you to the exact posts you had made rather than to the thread in which they had been posted in which is what appears to be happening now.

Is this a site setting, something I have to select in preferences, a glitch etc?

Many thanks
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Mate, go in to 'My Account' and then click on 'Find all posts by Murielson' and that'll take you to your posts in the order you made them (starting with the newest).

Don't know if 'My posts' always went to the thread posted on though as I don't use it.
  3. Cheers Sixty - but what is the point of My Posts option above if it doesn't do what it says on the tin?

Assume that is what it is for and maybe just needs a bit of corrective maintenance to sort it out.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

For my two penny worth, I prefer it as it is!
  5. Fair comment but am I missing the point?

I can find my posts via my account no problem but why would you want to go to the start of a thread you have posted in if you select my posts?
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It is not so much going to the start of the thread, but the ability to go to the end with one click.

This was very useful in the Gray's Lane thread, for example, that expanded at times by 30 pages a day. If you only went to your own post on that thread there would be a lot of navigating to do. Also seeing the thread in forum display, as opposed to a list of posts, gives a better overview, and you can see which has had new posts added.
  7. If you go to my account in the left hand bar and go to my posts it seems to come out in the manner you require.......